Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Nitro T-Maxx RTR Truck w/ 2.5 OR DuraTrax 1/8 Thunder Quake TORQ .21 RTR w/3C

RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Traxxas Nitro T-Maxx RTR Truck w/ 2.5 OR DuraTrax 1/8 Thunder Quake TORQ .21 RTR w/3C

Old 06-23-2003, 03:40 PM
PeraPrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Traxxas Nitro T-Maxx RTR Truck w/ 2.5 OR DuraTrax 1/8 Thunder Quake TORQ .21 RTR w/3C

Looking for a Monster Truck for my wife (and honestly for myself) so she can have a fun while I am out flying. I am new in RC world, started with planes, and now need some input for RC Trucks world. So, which one is better decision, first one with electric starter (hobbypeople) or the second one (towerhobby)?
Old 06-23-2003, 04:10 PM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Out of those 2,

The T-Maxx is much better! There is not many (If any) aftermarket parts for the Duratraxx! I do like the Torq .21 engine though! The Maxx has more parts out there then anyone would know what to do with! The Duratraxx is not a bad truck but, is just not up to par with the rest of the bunch! Go with a T-Maxx,Savage or if you want to try out a smaller 1/10 first and go with a Stampede as they are super tough and there is a lot of parts for it and did I say fun fun fun!
Old 06-24-2003, 02:51 AM
Kyoshokiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Traxxas Nitro T-Maxx RTR Truck w/ 2.5 OR DuraTrax 1/8 Thunder Quake TORQ .21 RTR w/3C

Also the Monster Pirate or Dominator are other good options. A bit better for racing. If she's just gonna bash around tho the Tmaxx is prolly the way to go.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:21 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

id say try savage or terra crusher...but of the 2 choices youve given us id ggo with tmaxx although they say its hard to tune..i dont know about thunder quake..
check this trucks out :
tmaxx (one of your original choice)
or hpi savage 21 or tamiya terra crusher..maybe ull have a change of heart
Old 06-24-2003, 06:25 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the tamiya terra crusher comes with ex start too while savage have a pullstart and reverse and ez start is optional...the yellow is the terra crusher and the other is the savage
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	88894_25726.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	51415  
Old 06-24-2003, 08:02 PM
PeraPrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thnx a lot folks.
Considering the fact that I can help adjusting the engine, she decided to go with Tmaxx.
Once again, thanx.