Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 05:20 AM
mad_taffy2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is more demanding

hi which 1 of the mt is more demanding and liable to break easyer
-t-maxxxxx
-savage
i dont really wana be fixing all the time as im a student and have limited £$£$£$£$ lol
Old 06-24-2003, 06:12 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

both trucks have their own pluses and minuses so it really depends on you on which one have more appeal to you..like me i like bigger trucks so i have terracrusher and a savage and i am waiting for more mt s ,,i didnt get the tmaxx cuz to me it looks small..and weak and now i heard that the 2.5engine is also hard to tune...go to your lhs and compare them side by side then u can decide,,goodluck..if youre asking me ill say savage
Old 06-24-2003, 10:41 AM
mad_taffy2k

thank you its just such a hard descion i choose savege but i also like speed and as im in no real rush (looks at the sky) i wana try and make the rite choice lol
Old 06-24-2003, 10:42 AM
gmac4826

the savage is much better. the only thing i have had break it a shock and that turned out to be the fault of the factory.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:16 PM
Legendary

Default Either one will break!

No matter what you buy it is going to break at one point or another! This hobby is not for people that want to buy a car or truck and call it a day! If you plan on staying in this hobby for longer then a month then plan on buying parts!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:06 PM
mad_taffy2k

i do i got some parts on order now but i cant be bothered waiting all the time for parts u guys in the usa get it easy its pretty hard for parts over in the uk unless you have yourself a good dealer
Old 06-24-2003, 09:32 PM
maxxdaddy74

I have both and maybe this will help you. Notice all the aftermarket parts on my TMaxx, they're listed below and also notice nothing is listed for the Savage. The reason is the thing is tough as nails and my daughter and I actually are trying to break it with little luck so far. Get the Savage and purchase aftermarket rims to replace the cheap stockers and get a goo two stage air filter to let it breathe and be done with it.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:25 AM
lilcap232
My Feedback: (14)

I have a Tmaxx and My friend has a savage, we both bought matching Hyper 21 8 port motors and I converted mine ala XTM...
so far I have replaced the tranny gearing,upgraded both diffs,replaced all the axles,and several other mods as well as wide maxx conversion and steel spur gear..
he has replaced both shock towers, all the CVDs a pull starter(his fault...well actually mine) and installed a CVEC pipe..
Mine is as bullet proof as his, a solid three pounds lighter, and twice as fast and agile.....
however if we were to tie their rear bumpers together, due to the excess weight and gear ratio he would drag me around anywhere....
but he has to catch me first..................................LOL
Old 06-25-2003, 05:18 AM
new72Savage

Well i think u definately need to replace the steering servo. torque wasnt the issue, but the first time i bumped the fence, and not all that hard, i stripped the plastic gear, 4 teeth. And this was like day2
Old 06-25-2003, 05:41 AM
mad_taffy2k

thank you they are on such a par i dont know which 1 to choose the 1/8 is calling me to the savage and the top[ speed of the t-maxx is calling me still not sure but the savage dose sound stronger adfter some upgrades which arnt a problme
Old 06-25-2003, 09:11 AM
ExtremeRC

Well I've heard that you have to quickly get a new engine can the .21 in the savage is absolutly horrible. Most of my LHS were saying two swap the engine for a more powerful .21. I went with the Maxx my self.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Unstable

I was going to say that my savage has been practically trouble free but since last two runs going home early I dont know.

busted a centerdrive dogbone off a jump the first day and yesterday just seemed to be not my day. pull out eh savage. run it around runs REAL hot. so a tune it up... still hot... change fuel (wildcat runs hotter then others for some reason.) cant get it started... try and try... finally put in on the bench.. and it starts... but only if the wheels are free wheeling... stop them the engine dies. stupid clutch is toast (hot bodies HD clutch)... guess I should have taken it a bit easier on those hill climbs... (like maybe not doing them over and over again at slow speed)

it is a tough truck but it just proves that anything can break.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:35 AM
gmac4826

for an engine in the savage i would get a .26 picco
Old 06-26-2003, 01:48 AM
lilcap232
My Feedback: (14)

as stated in earlier post I have converted my Tmaxx to 21 and wide a arms from RPM(aluminum WILL bend)so what if the plastic eventually breaks it's 10 bucks a wheel!!!
and If you placed his savage on the ground in sand then picked it up MY tires match exactly except for about 1/8 inch in width to his favor...hence it is the same size, afterall the chassis has been lengthened 2 inches from stock 15 TMAXX... so the gain in speed is a no brainer!!!!!
as for the 30 mph plus corners......with all the weight of the conversion and bone stock springs and shocks I can cut full steer and nail it without loosing any speed at about 25Mph and cut it Very tight.........now lets see the onroader try that in GRAVEL!!!HE HE!
besides that mine with the stock tires at 45-50 mph will swell the fronts to around 6and1/2 inches in diameter...LOL it looks like a top fuel rail only backwards...
I have seen mine and his spool up the front and rear inside tires in a doughnut ,large enough to make you run from fear of exploding tires..(centrifugal force)

here's an Idea go to the LHS and test drive both onroad and off to see for yourself...