Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T Maxx problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 07:59 PM
rodrigo1508

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Maxx problem

Hi , I bought a used Tmaxx and but it doesn't start. I put the ez starter thing on it and push the red button and only one of the green lights turn on(the motor one) I changed the glow plug but nothing. What could be wrong?
Thank you
Old 06-24-2003, 09:20 PM
Rex2342

Default T Maxx problem

Try using a standard glow igniter instead of the EZ start.My buddies maxx never starts with that thing and thats how we get it running.Just put the glow igniter in place of the wire and push the button to turn the engine over and see if it starts.If now try resetting the needles and then tune it again.What kind of compression does the engine have?You said you bought it used so I was just wondering if you checked that or not.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:25 PM
maxxdaddy74

Default T Maxx problem

Check the ignition wire and make sure it is firmly attached to the glow plug. Or just use a rechargable ignitor like he said.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:44 PM
rodrigo1508

Default T Maxx problem

Thank you both it seems that the two glow plugs were bad so after a put a thierd one I have finally started it . I did unplugged the cable and used an standard glow igniter. It seems to have good compression so far .
Thank you verry much