Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

T-Maxx essential replacement parts/hop-ups

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-Maxx essential replacement parts/hop-ups

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Lama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx essential replacement parts/hop-ups

Hi there!

After reading a lot about the Traxxas T-Maxx I'm planning to order one tomorrow/soon. Since I live in Austria, Europe and don't have a hobby store nearby I want to order the most important replacement parts/hop-ups in one package.

Currently the list includes:
T-Maxx
Traxxas Glow Plugs
On-board Temperature Gauge

What else would you advice. I definitely don't want to run into problems on the first day!

Thank you very much in advance!

Martin
Old 06-24-2003, 11:57 AM
studysession

I have:
2 TMaxx 2.5's - 1 OFNA Hyper 7 PBS and 1 Nitro TC3

For the Maxx I say to get RPM A-Arms. I broke my stock ones multiple times. Get an extra set of braces, bumper mounts, screws and pins for the suspension.

Sounds like a lot but if you do not have LHS then that is what I would get. I am moving to England and afraid I may not have a LHS near where I am moving.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Mike Lang

Make sure you buy a bottle of after run oil and add a few drops into the carb and under the glow plug when you are done running. Also I would pick up some air filter sponges and air filter oil. A bottle of shock oil too. Look into a throttle return spring so your truck can come to a stop if you lose onboard power to the servos. I would also recommend replacing the plastic front and rear bumpers with aluminum for the obvious upgrade in strength.

I just went through the initial stages of where you are and the above information was what I recieved. It worked for me untill I slammed a curb.

Good luck.

Mike
Old 06-24-2003, 01:00 PM
Legendary

Default Well,

I tell you the first things that went out on my 2 Maxx's! 1st was the plastic spur gear! It lasted a few days! (Get a steel one it will last a long long time) 2nd was the stock shocks (I got some on Ebay for $80 that are made buy Hot Bodies and I love them) 3rd Skid Plates (your back skid will probally not break any time soon but, who wants one aluminum skid)! 4th but this took a while before these went out is the slider drive axles (I bought more then I will need for a long time and then I upgraded both of my Maxx's to .21's! There are other parts that you will need over time but, these are the ones that went out on me first!
Old 06-24-2003, 01:07 PM
studysession

What happened to your spur gear? I have not had any problems. And I have 2 TMaxx's that my wife and I run.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:13 PM
JeDi_MaStEr

an extra set of shocks really helps out, you can usually find a set of 8 on Ebay for under $40.00. That 2way you always have a fresh pair in an emergency and for basic replacement and rebuilds. Also an extra bottle of shock oil..Aluminum Skid plates help a great deal for jumping stuff..welcome to our world and good luck!
Old 06-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Legendary

Default Sand!

Originally posted by studysession
What happened to your spur gear? I have not had any problems. And I have 2 TMaxx's that my wife and I run.
Sand is what happend to one of them but, the other only lasted a few days! Why I could not say maybe the jerking the truck does when it is new?

P.S. Don't buy a set of stock shocks! They just plane suck! Spend the extra money and buy the threaded aluminum shocks!
Old 06-24-2003, 02:58 PM
studysession

Threaded aluminum is better - I am keeping the stock ones on my Maxx and getting the threaded aluminum for my Hyper 7 PBS Buggy. Put it in the one I race.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:02 AM
Lama

Default Complete List of items

First of all I want to thank you all for your input. For all other newcomers I summarised the parts and items.
Bye,
Martin

car:
T-Maxx *

accessories:
spare glow plugs (OS#9 or TRA 3231) *
spare air filter sponges *

after run oil *
air filter oil *
shock oil *

braces
bumper mounts
suspension screws and pins
front and rear bumpers (aluminium)
RPM A-Arms
spur gear (steel)
shocks
skip plate

on-board temp gauge
Old 06-25-2003, 06:24 AM
Dlock

I would stay away from the Traxxas glo-plugs if you can. Go with OS #8, OS #3a, or McCoy MC59. I have not had any luck with the Traxxas brand glo-plug, and had real success with the OS #8's......