ptimer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default almost there with my tmaxx,just a bit more info

just need a bit more info, ive been trying to sort my tmaxx out now for about a week, today i finally got it running ok without it overheating as it is now the high speed needle is set to four turns out and the low speed needle is set to one full turn and a quarter out the screw that adjusts the gap in the carburetor is set to three quarters of a turn from closed, does anyone know if these settings are ok. Today i blew two glow plugs, one of my problems is that the man at the model shop gave me a (o.s.a3) glow plug and told me that should be ok - does anyone know if this is true im running on blue thunder 20% nitro but ive not put the glow plug in the engine yet, can anyone tell me how i will know when i need a new brake pad the one on my truck at the moment is about 3mm thick but the truck doesnt seem to brake that good, but some wd40 could have got onto the brake disc. I hope someone can help me out thanks everyone.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:46 AM
ptimer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default osa3

does any one have any info about the above,even if its just about the spark plug please
Old 06-25-2003, 01:23 AM
Dlock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I use the OS #8 plugs, but I was also told the OS #3a would work just as well. I have found the Traxxas brand plugs to be pieces of crap. They don't last very long, and sometimes don't even work out of the package. I would say try the OS #3a and see how they work for you.

As for the brake you need to have some wort of a rough surface left on it. If it is smooth, then either rough it up with some sand paper, or it might be time to get a new one. You can also adjust the calipers that pinch your brake. There is a screw down there that if you tighten them your braking should get better.

You settings seem to be fine. It's different for every engine, you just have to find the settings for yours.....
Old 06-25-2003, 01:30 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yes the O.S. A3 is fine for that. As a matter of fact i used to run them in everything. I bought some 25 of them off some guy for a dollar a plug a while back and they work fine.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:35 AM
ptimer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

exellent guys, thanks very much