ComBatMan2k3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dutratrx Nitro Evader ST

heya... i just bought a Evader ST like about 2 weeks ago and this is my very first truck..already the spur gear has stripped..i was wondering if anybody out in the rc world knows why this has happend.. im getting sttel spurs made for me and have also ordered a couploe of new ones cuz no one seems to have any parts for the truck yet..the truck runs like a dream has a .18 in it and single speed tranny it it and boy does it go fast..and getting it airborne is just a matter of finding a little bump and blurpin the throttle....im lookin at getting a 2 speeder made for it, im also getting the sway barkit, and i have put dirt hawgs on it cuz all the bowties would do was spin and i want/need a tire that has bit and these dirt hawgs are almost like full size off road truck tires, very deep tread in it..but im also wondering if maybye beefing up the suspention with a hard anodized set, new pipe, and maybye a bigger tank and makin a real bumper "spruse" it up al little cuz i want this thing to be the best that it can be..if anyone knows the awsner to my question and knows of any other hop-up that would be useful on this thing plz let me know
Old 06-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The problem is that,

When you buy a Duratrax you have to be happy with it's stock form because there is not any aftermarket parts for it! Now if you are handy and have the machines to build stuff you can make your own parts? You may be able to use the 2 speed trans off the MT Pro but I would have to see a Evader up close to be sure! I like Duratrax's engines and the one that you got is made by O.S. so I know that has got to be a good one but, other then that your kind of stuck with what you bought!
Old 06-26-2003, 12:12 AM
ComBatMan2k3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yea i guess i am but im definaly gonna change the front bumper..cuz right now its just a small skid plate and would like a bigger bumper... but i have another question...what about a largr fuel tank??..ill post some pics as soon as i upload them from my camera..
Old 06-26-2003, 12:17 AM
ComBatMan2k3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

oh and another thing this thing is lightning quick which surprised me after i brke in the engine.. im runnin 20% race fuel in it and im runnin it justr a tad rich..ill have pics on here as soon as i can put the tires on and upload them..
Old 06-26-2003, 12:36 AM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The fuel your running is fine!

Now as far as the skid goes I don't know where you will find one? Duratrax may make an aluminum one for that truck but, I would not count on it! If there is room to mount a bigger fuel tank then you should be abl to do it but, you need the room??
Old 06-26-2003, 12:49 AM
ComBatMan2k3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i needa bigger tank cuz im only getting about 10mins run time and i want atleast 15 or 20..im thinking of going with a 6 or 8 oz tank witha aircraft setup..quick fill or pump..but i dont know if the same thing applies to car engines if the tank has to be level with the carb..or if there wont be enuff bacpressure to presurize the tank..but if i do the bumper ill be makin one outtta aluminum or steel.i know a guy who has his own machine shop..right now he is makin me a pair of stee lspur gears anda new steel clutch bell..
Old 06-26-2003, 01:00 AM
Legendary

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default That's cool!

It's always good to have Friends to help out! I have a machine (3 in 1 Mill,Drill press and lath) as well but, I need a lot more time on it to be any good at making parts! I'll keep trying! I am just using wood right now to practice because of the cost of 6061 or 7075! I don't know how well an air plane tank will work but, it should help out on roll overs! It will stay running upsidedown!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:04 AM
ComBatMan2k3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ye athis guy i know is really my moms husbands friend and he does stuff for lockheed and makes alot of guns his shop has everything under the sun and hes been doin it for a while..im guna ask him if he could make an engine or a tube chassis or some other real trick stuff..but i still cant believe how durable this truck is..i was runnin it the other day and it cartwheeled and flipped and sat upside down and the only thing wrong was the fuel cap spring lossened and all the fuels ran out bu other then that nothing wrong..but yea..im alomist done uploadin som epics mind you they arent the greatest but its a good idea of that i have :P
Old 06-26-2003, 01:21 AM
ComBatMan2k3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default pic of the engine area..

here is a pic of the engine area kinda showin the 2.2" dirt hawgs and green rims/hubs..
Old 06-26-2003, 01:47 AM
ComBatMan2k3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default pic of the engine area..

here is a pic of the engine area kinda showin the 2.2" dirt hawgs and green rims/hubs.. but one thing ive noticed is that the rear is a little pointed in..i dont know if that ois normal or not maybye u r someone could enlighten me on that..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	89359_33891.gif
Views:	5
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	51712  
Old 08-05-2003, 07:45 PM
darottweiler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default nitro evader spur gear

I have been having similar problems with my evader st. if your friend builds you a metal spur and it works right, would he consider selling one? if so please email me at jseawood@adelphia.net
Old 08-06-2003, 01:51 AM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ooh buddy, any time now you will discover duratrax' trademark! WHEEL WOBBLE!
Old 09-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Vader

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Dutratrx Nitro Evader ST

Hey guy's,

I have received my car back from Duratrax and guess what, Duratrax has replaced my engine three times in one month. I have been running the engine rich and following all there instructions on breaking the engine. Somehow, each engine they replace the car with has broken in well, but once I get on the track the engine get shot! I'm about to send the car back again to Duratrax and asked if I can get my money back. I know that won't happened but at least they know how I feel about the problems I have experienced. I'm really thinking of purchasing another 1/10 car, just don't know what I want. I really want to get my evader working. talk to all of you later.

V-man
Old 09-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Old Bill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I see you live in Texas. I live in Austin and its too darn hot to run a nitro truck during the day, even if properly tuned. If you're running during the afternoon, for long periods of time, at high speeds, no nitro engine is going to hold up. I have a Evader and have no problems with it. I monitor the temperature closely and do not run during the hotest part of the day. The Evader engine is made by OS and they are as reliable as they come. I don't think your problem is with the engine, but in something else your doing, or not doing. Get yourself an infrared temp gauge as a starter.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:57 PM
evaderman04

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: pic of the engine area..

that picture is a liiiiiiiiittttle off.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Element

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: pic of the engine area..

Duratrax makes upgrades for the evader also if you go onto towerhobbys adn search for evader some one also make alum. a-arms for it too.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:11 PM
khabben

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Max Mt . I know the whell wobble thing well. bu thtere is light at the end of the tunnel with a little cash not to much . I bought a set of Traxxas Stampedes rear chassis hubs and the rear end and Axles for mine , took the whell woblle out and now has better axles as well .