Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

i need help deciding

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:39 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help deciding

in a few days im buying 2 different RC's one Monster and one onroad and i just cannot decide on a Monster. i want something pretty fast but can take a beating. i know savages are awesome but i want something different since my friend has a 4.6. (want something other then what he has)

I was on the schumacher website and i came across the "Manic" does anyone have a price this thing will be?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:49 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

Default RE: i need help deciding

i was also looking at the losi xxl and the revo 3.3 let me know what u think. also there IS NOT a place to actualy race where i am from so im not worried about racing. just bashing and having fun. there was a place called redneck rc but they shut down their track's so now all they have are clay tracks indoors
Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 PM
rotzilla

you could get the savage xl, or if you dont want a savage try the xxl. i here there are lots of durabilty issues with traxxas....
Old 08-03-2009, 08:59 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

well i guess n/m on the losi xxl i just saw the price and its a bit high. i need to stay under 600
Old 08-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Blade-breaker
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: FP 4LC4PON3

well i guess n/m on the losi xxl i just saw the price and its a bit high. i need to stay under 600

$569.00 shipped. Looks like a good deal to me. It was $599.00 a few months ago.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:23 AM
FP 4LC4PON3

where do you see the losi xxl for 569 shipped. ive checked many sites and they are 669
Old 08-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

I'd stay away from Traxxas. If you can find the XXL for a good price than that is a good one to buy, but I hear their are a couple of issues with them. The MGT series of trucks is also a nice line up. I personally own an 8.0 and it's nearly indestructible out of the box. The XXL has a nicer radio, but the MGT 8.0's is the second best radio of all the RTR monsters you can buy. The 8.0 has more power than the XXL and from what I've heard is a little tougher and more reliable. They're both great trucks though.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:05 AM
FreakBoy

Buy a T-maxx 3.3 (4908) for sure!! [8D] Or a Revo the new one.. there is not any issue with those trucks?? They allways work 
Old 08-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Airbus 9e

ORIGINAL: FreakBoy

Buy a T-maxx 3.3 (4908) for sure!! [8D] Or a Revo the new one.. there is not any issue with those trucks?? They allways work
till they break....[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Traxxas is fine for beginners, but when you want something better....

If you can fins the XXL for $569, go for it....or for a bit less the Aftershock has been spotted for about $335....
Old 08-04-2009, 02:34 PM
BigDen2.5R

where do you see the losi xxl for 569 shipped. ive checked many sites and they are 669

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com]Amain[/link] has them for $569,,, it says $699 but when you add it to your shopping cart the price drops to $569. I got one of the last lst2 they had For $479 last chistmas and i love that thing.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:36 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

ok thanks fo all the suggestions.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:15 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

i came across an ad on craigslist for a Team Associated MGT 3.0 - $150 but the add sais this

I am selling a Team Associated MGT 3.0 this truck has been used 15 times max it is in very good condition I will be including everything necessary to run the truck including the box and manuals maybe even the receipt the only issue with this truck is that it runs for a while then it stalls I am not sure exactly how to tune the truck properly nor do I have the time to use this truck if you have any questions shoot me an email or give me a call 315-572-0735 Thanks, Dan

would you ever buy it or just buy new. im waiting on an email to see if it was atleast broke in correctly. http://syracuse.craigslist.org/tag/1303308955.html
Old 08-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Airbus 9e

i came across an ad on craigslist for a Team Associated MGT 3.0 - $150 but the add sais this

I am selling a Team Associated MGT 3.0 this truck has been used 15 times max it is in very good condition I will be including everything necessary to run the truck including the box and manuals maybe even the receipt the only issue with this truck is that it runs for a while then it stalls I am not sure exactly how to tune the truck properly nor do I have the time to use this truck if you have any questions shoot me an email or give me a call 315-572-0735 Thanks, Dan

would you ever buy it or just buy new. im waiting on an email to see if it was atleast broke in correctly. http://syracuse.craigslist.org/tag/1303308955.html
sounds like an Ok deal.....The stalling problem could be simple, or a pain in the butt....
Old 08-05-2009, 02:16 PM
BigDen2.5R

The price sounds nice but he says it runs for awhile then stalls, that is a classic sign of a motor that wasn't broken in properly or run very lean and lost its pinch. It could just be a bad tune but plan on putting a new engine in it,, its the nature of this hobby. if you don't have much experience with nitro then you would probably be better off buying a new truck and avoid the headaches.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: rotzilla

you could get the savage xl, or if you dont want a savage try the xxl. i here there are lots of durabilty issues with traxxas....
I'd stay away from Traxxas. If you can find the XXL for a good price than that is a good one to buy, but I hear their are a couple of issues with them. The MGT series of trucks is also a nice line up. I personally own an 8.0 and it's nearly indestructible out of the box. The XXL has a nicer radio, but the MGT 8.0's is the second best radio of all the RTR monsters you can buy. The 8.0 has more power than the XXL and from what I've heard is a little tougher and more reliable. They're both great trucks though.
till they break....

If you can fins the XXL for $569, go for it....or for a bit less the Aftershock has been spotted for about $335....
My LST2 has seen more wrench time and down time in 1 year than my Revo has in 5....
Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
RenegadeRevo

When you buy used R/C... you should automatically assume you will need to replace the motor. $150 isn't bad... 'cause you can get a nice motor for $150... you'll have $300 into the truck, and it'll be good. I'm not a fan of the MGT (my friend's had a LOT of problems), but it would probably make a good first truck.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Airbus 9e

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: rotzilla

till they break....

My LST2 has seen more wrench time and down time in 1 year than my Revo has in 5....
I just say that because my T-Maxx spent more time broken and on my workbench than my Aftershock has....My Aftershock has been better than my brother inlaw's new Savage X 4.6....From reading around the net, the Revo is better than the T-Maxx.....but that's like saying a Kia is better than a Yugo....
Old 08-05-2009, 03:03 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Of all the RC's I've had, my LST2 has required the LEAST amount of wrenching... Go figure..

I honestly think more and more it's all a c.rap shoot.. My second LST2 has had a few minor issues.. My first Savage 25 was great, my XSS a total POC... Lots of guys swear at Revos, some guys love them.. Most guys seem to like their MGT's, some not... All a c.rap shoot.. Who knows?

For me though, in the MT world Losi is the best bet for durability, speed, and handling.. Can bash or race, whatever you want. Parts are cheap and easy to get too..

So look closely at the XXL, the Savage XL, the Revo, and MGT 8.0. Then just go with your gut..

EDIT: edited abbreviated profanity. If you can't say it, you can't abbreviate it.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:57 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

i didnt get it cause the guy sold it. i told him id buy it but then he sold to someone else but anyways i ended up buying an onroad rs4 evo+ today. im still looking for a monster tho. i looked at the prices of the monsters above xxl, savages, revo and mgt8.0 and they are out of my price range. there has to be a nice mt for a decent price
Old 08-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Airbus 9e

How about an Aftershock?....Mine has been really good...It even comes with a decent radio if you don't already have one....

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-26-XR2i-Radio

It says in the ad that the Spin Start backplate, but not the Spin Start, is included....I'm hearing from the Losi guys that the Aftershock is coming with the Spin Start in the box now, so that will save you $40....About all the Aftershock needs to be a competent basher truck is the machined engine brace.....

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ce-cln-/Detail

It's an improvement over the cast one that's known to break....

After that I'd add an HT Losi pipe...The stock pipe is'nt good....the HT turns it into a whole new truck...I got mine on Ebay for about $12 plus shipping.....which was around $5 from Jenny's RC...

Other than those things, all I added to mine was

RPM arms w/ Lunsfor 5x38mm turnbuckle on the front...Broke the right front stocker bouncing off a Savage
Front and center HD skid plates, and the rear HP plate...(I ordered the wrong one....D'OH!)
LST2 aluminum clutch
20mm wheel adaptors
LST2 dish wheels with Big Joes...Handle a ton better than the stock Claws
RC Ravens prgressive rate springs....about $8 including shipping on Ebay
LST2 2 speed hubs w/ spurs...I think the whole thing can be had on Ebay for around $30...I stripped the originals when I did'nt get the engine mount screw tight and locked..
Losi Wing kit.....for the cool factor......$13 at LosiPartsHouse
Proline Dodge Ram MegaCab body....because it's cool...

Even though I paid $370 for mine in May of 08, I still have less than $500 total, and yet I have a pretty kool truck...

If you don't want to get everything online try Walt's Hobby...They've been in business forever....I raced at their indoor dirt track back in 1991 for a while....

http://www.walts-hobby.com/html/rc.htm

Whatever you do, just remember to have fun....
Old 08-05-2009, 11:42 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Airbus 9e

Whatever you do, just remember to have fun....
+1
Old 08-05-2009, 11:44 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Airbus 9e
.....but that's like saying a Kia is better than a Yugo....
Ummmm... no... that's like saying a Corvette is better than a Malibu.... a Mustang is better than a Focus.... A Genesis is better than a Sonata... Skyline is better than a Sentra... get my drift?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:14 AM
FP 4LC4PON3

Airbus 9e: I tend to stay away from walts hobby because for one they are selfish and dont care about there customers. its all about money and for 2 they are way over priced. i went there yesturday to look at an electric car kit wich online goes for 139 they were selling this kit for 199.99 ive gone there a couple of times and ive had words with them. awhile back i found this place in Fulton called redneck rc and they are just awesome people even tho its a 50 min drive out of my way id rather give them my buisness. he does all break ins for free (if your uncomfortable) they also show you how to tune and so fourth. they also give discounts on all products. %off depending on item. i just ordered a hpi rs4 evo+ and he gave it to me for 299 instead of 310.

i was there at rednecks yesturday looking at alot of stuff he had such as the losi xxl, 8.0 and the revo all are a bit out of my price range. i will se tuesday once my check clears and i pick up my evo what mt im going to snag on the way out.

here is even a pic of how overly priced they are i took a pic of the price tag cause its retarded how many people get ripped off. the car in the Pic is a Associated 1/18 18R

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16831.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	1251104  
Old 08-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Airbus 9e

Wow.....I guess they're prices are pretty bad....

I raced at Redneck a few times waaaay back in around 1991-92....The guys there are pretty decent....
Old 08-07-2009, 09:16 PM
dgz69er

hahahahahahaha, these forums amuse me. Everyone bickering over whats the best. A decision will never be made.

You want some advice bud. If you have friends who have the rc's your interested in. Drive them, then decide which one is best for you. People can argue all day long. Every rc has weak spots. Just because one rc might have a strong recommendation doesn't mean its the right one for you. Or that you might not buy a lemon.

I have personally had the best luck with the lst line from losi. I've had a lst1,2 and an aftershock. They have all been great for me. I've had a savage 25 which was phenominal, and a savage x that I absolutely loathed. I first was a tmaxx, so it broke a lot, and I naturally have negative feelings towards it. That doesn't mean it won't work well for you though.

You want people's opinions. Thats cool, but your going to get a lot of mixed answers.

Stick with something that has good product support at your lhs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.