Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

How to Hop-up a 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 01:54 AM
maxxpower2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Hop-up a 2.5

Has anyone had any luck ,with hopinng up a 2.5,and what did you do,or any tips,thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 02:32 AM
POJack

-supermaxx ext suspention kit, supermaxx servo saver, hardcore racing bulkheads, hardcore racing bulkhead braces, hardcore racing titanium skid plates (front, rear, center), hardcore racing chasis braces, hardcore racing titanium chasis, hardcore racing differential housings (front/rear) robinson racing aluminum gearbox, robinson racing FOC Tranny gears, robinson racing ring and pinion gears (front/rear), ballistic batteries 1600 Mah battery, Sirio .18, Jr crystaless radio, proline masher tires----I'm sure I missed a few things, but this is what I remember.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Legendary

Default WOW, POJack!

What did all that cost?? Although SuperMaxx is king I would not recommend it just for bashing as it just cost too much! Now some of those mods POJack listed are good for anyone to add but, to go as far down the list as he has you had better have a deep pocketbook and be racing it or just have a deep pocketbook!LOL
Old 06-23-2003, 04:44 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

-Ue Ext suspention, Or the cheaper Ue Widetrac suspention with RPM Knuckles. 200-389
-Ue super shocks 8 160
-Ue Ext steel cvd's 2-pair 140
-Ue titanium pillow balls 40
-Ue 8mm FOC Tranny kit 75
-Ue ultra lite 7.5 diffs and housing's< simply the best 260
-Ue servo saver GEN IV 80
-Bohica race chassis & braces around 180-200
-Sirio .18 with sirio pipe 200+
-Hitec 5945 steering servo 75
-Hitec 5925 Throttle servo 75
-Great Assembly's 7075 Bulk heads w/braces 150
-Great assembly's 3mm titanium skids 80
-Lunds ford 1/8th scale 4mm titanium turnbuckle kit 2801 48
-and last but not least a good set of blue rubber sealed bearings.

This is just an example of a bullet proof truck!! This would be an Ideal race or bash truck, its a little on the heavy side, but it will be a breeze to control on the track.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

That's ALOT of hopups!!! I already added a GPM lightweight chassis (lighter than stock) and I'm looking to only hopup the drivetrain with CVDs, add a servo saver and hopefully fit a .21 air filter on and perhaps an alum transmission skid plate. I try not to add too many alum parts since they can bend in races and can add a bit of weight. Plastic can be strong, quite light and are cheap to replace.

I also added a RRP vented flywheel to my XTM .18 and will get a heatsink engine mount since I sometimes tune the engine on the lean side for competition and that extra cooling helps a bit.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:41 PM
POJack

Default Re: WOW, POJack!

Originally posted by Legendary
What did all that cost?? Although SuperMaxx is king I would not recommend it just for bashing as it just cost too much! Now some of those mods POJack listed are good for anyone to add but, to go as far down the list as he has you had better have a deep pocketbook and be racing it or just have a deep pocketbook!LOL
I didn't add it all up yet, but I think I have around $2000 into it (including the original price of the stock t-maxx). Hardly any parts are stock. I think I can count them on one hand.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:30 PM
monst@r

Originally posted by Kuma
That's ALOT of hopups!!! I already added a GPM lightweight chassis (lighter than stock) and I'm looking to only hopup the drivetrain with CVDs, add a servo saver and hopefully fit a .21 air filter on and perhaps an alum transmission skid plate. I try not to add too many alum parts since they can bend in races and can add a bit of weight. Plastic can be strong, quite light and are cheap to replace.
SuperMaxx RacerX. Hella strong, and a few oz. over stock.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:48 PM
bubbafien

who sells the bohica chassis
Old 06-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Dlock

Has Bohica realeased a final product? Or is he still in production? His chassis is nice since it's made for the smallblocks. I don't think I am ready to drop the kind of money it would take to go bigblock. Sooner or later I am sure.....
Old 06-24-2003, 03:02 AM
bubbafien

where can i find this chassis?!

thank you
bubbafien
Old 06-26-2003, 12:19 AM
lamp3y3

Default .21 conv

Although i couldnt find the other thread someone was asking if it was possible to add a .21 to the tmaxx without buying a conversion chassis kit.

I found a .21 conversion kit that you can use with your stock tmaxx no chassis needed. It uses a custom engine mount to fit your stock chassis. Price seems high for what u get though 130.

Im sure some of you knew this but i didnt and since i have the spider racing chasis this might be a good upgrade later when my sirio .18 goes kaput.

Anyone perform this upgrade on yoru tmaxx - let us know how it worked out. Here is the link

http://projectrc.com/madmaxx/reviews...onversion.html
Old 06-26-2003, 12:44 AM
Legendary

Default For that kind of cash!

You can get a full XTM conversion kit ($119) and it comes with a ton of parts! Chassis,chassis brases,.21 tuned Pipe,Steel CVD's and Drive shafts for both the old and the new Maxx's oh, and a .21 air filter! I can't see spending that much just to keep you your stock chassis although it would save you a bunch of time work wise!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:40 AM
lamp3y3

Yeah that would seem the way to go plus all the stock parts wouldnt hold up long with a .21.

Sounds like the XTM conv offers the best bang for your buck
Old 06-26-2003, 02:03 AM
spadworld

You have got to be kidding me There's a company called Bohica?!
Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again

I hope this isn't true! This has to be a joke!

Must have nice customer relations!
Old 06-26-2003, 02:47 AM
adeoliver

LOL yea there is, not realy a company just a few buddies, that came up with some far out small block race chassis, I just wounder how long it took you to come up with that sloggen or if it was on the top of your head LOL :stupid:

Anyways I have know Idea if its on the market yet or not, the only contact I had with those fellas was through maxxtraxx, they actualy built some chassis for the members at maxxtraxx, they got a pretty good deal on them. I also remember this chassis was realy light, but cant remember if it weighed in less or more then the new 2.5's 3mm chassis I know it was close!! Ill do a search on it to see if I can come up with something!! But for now heres a couple pix

LOOKS MEAN HUH!!!!! Oh BTW thats a GA bulk head
Old 06-26-2003, 03:02 AM
bubbafien

he didn't make that up it is a G.I. slang from korea, i think.

bubbafien
Old 06-26-2003, 04:06 PM
adeoliver

I figured it was something like that!! I could see why the guy used it as his screen name LOL.