mad_taffy2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default second thoughts!!!!!

hi i have been asking on this site now for about 2 weeks about the t-max and savage and have gaind alot of info so i decided to go for the savage i am now haveing second thoughts because i hard the engin is troublesome is this true to b honest i just wana keep it stock for the next 6months (i know things will break) and i really dont know what to do im a buying a truck or a problem
Old 06-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Epik

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have both the Savage and the Tmaxx. The Savage engine has not given me any problems, but the Tmaxx engine has and in my opinion it's a bit harder to tune. As long as you follow the breakin procedures correctly I'm sure you wont have that tough of a time with either truck.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Kenroc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Savage Engine

I have no experience with the TMaxx, but I do have a savage. The .21 Nitro Star was very easy to tune. After about 3 tanks of fuel, I was running wide open.

The main problems I have had with the engine (and I read a lot of other people do also) is the pull start broke after about a week, the engine plate under the pull start came loose, and the One Way Bearing went bad.

None of these were a big deal though because I bought the Roto-Start and used LocTite on all the screws in the engine. I am still waiting on the one way bearing to come in the mail, but in the mean time I am trying to figure out some way to keep oil from getting on the shaft that the one way sits on. I have heard of some mods people have made to alleviate the oil problem, but I'm not sure how to handle this yet.

You will be happy with the Savage, the engine is very good, and I've heard lots of complaints with the TMaxx engine.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Avalanche

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Re: second thoughts!!!!!

Originally posted by mad_taffy2k
hi i have been asking on this site now for about 2 weeks about the t-max and savage and have gaind alot of info so i decided to go for the savage i am now haveing second thoughts because i hard the engin is troublesome is this true to b honest i just wana keep it stock for the next 6months (i know things will break) and i really dont know what to do im a buying a truck or a problem

I think you have your info a bit crossed up. The .21 in the Savage is one of the best engines as far as reliability goes. The 2.5 in the maxx has a bunch of stalling, hard to tune, and overheating problems.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:09 PM
RC SNYPER
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i will back what Avalanche said a full 100%.