Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Nitro Stampede..

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 03:31 PM
jpetrusek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Stampede..

Well I got the truck yesterday, ran about a tank through it (ran out of nitro ) and I must say simply awesome!

I'm picking up some more fuel on the way home but I had some questions, I keep reading about how dual exhaust isn't worth it and can sometimes cause problems, on this particular Stampede there is a dual exhaust setup. Is this a stock option or was this something aftermarket that might have been added? Also included in the package (bought it used, but barely, I think he ran it like through the break-in and never touched it, pristine condition) there is the quick-starter with charger and battery pack. I attch the pack to the truck, press the button and it took quite a few times to get the engine to turn over. I adjusted the needles to the same as on my on-road car (2 1/2 turns out from closed) and primed the tank. After I ran it around a bit I stopped it, put teh body back on and went to try and start it up again. Took me a good 20 pushes of the button to get the engine to turn over. There was about 1/2 tank left and enough in the lines. Any ideas? Great truck and hope to get more use out of it tonight

I'll post up some pics too when I get home
Old 06-26-2003, 04:45 PM
James1701

Default Nitro Stampede..

Could you post pics of your exhaust. I think on a stock Stampede, it has a canister type muffler with dual tips. Kind of a round tube with exit tips in both sides going strait out the back. The starter I'm not sure about I only have an Epede.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:19 PM
jpetrusek

Default Nitro Stampede..

Originally posted by James1701
Could you post pics of your exhaust. I think on a stock Stampede, it has a canister type muffler with dual tips. Kind of a round tube with exit tips in both sides going strait out the back. The starter I'm not sure about I only have an Epede.

yeah thats exactly what it looks like. I'll get pics up when I ge thome though. I was kinda surprised because I'd heard that dual exhausts weren't all that beneficial.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Legendary

Default Yes that's a stock Stampede!

If you want it to really run good get a Stinger pipe! They sound great and it will make your Stampede wheelie all day long!

Is the engine turning over or is it just spining? If it is just spining take off you E-Z start and clean the one-way bearing and starter shaft with carb cleaner or Nitro wash and put it back on!
Old 06-27-2003, 12:39 AM
jpetrusek

Default Nitro Stampede..

Heres the Dual exhaust..

okay I just realized the pic didn't work., I'll get it back up tonight..