Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Picked up this 3905 E-Maxx for $100. What do you guys think?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Picked up this 3905 E-Maxx for $100. What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 PM
phreaktor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up this 3905 E-Maxx for $100. What do you guys think?

I'm a nitro guy, but I couldn't pass this up when I heard a guy asking the clerk at my LHS if he knew anyone who wanted an E-maxx. I kind of butted in and asked how much, lol. Not that I need any more trucks (I have two custom T-Maxxes), but the deal sounded like a nice cheap investment even if I just parted it out.

2008 model 3905, 2 months old, all stock other than Integy MSR5 Piggyback Shocks. It only needs a receiver and batteries. I also got a Spektrum DSM receiver off of him for $40, but that is going in my motorcycle. I wanted your input on what the best lipos are for this with the stock motors. The electronics and motors have only been run once as he converted it to brushless as soon as he got it 2 months ago... If I decide to keep it, I will eventually go brushless, so they will need to be adequate for that motor setup as well. Can you guys recommend a fairly priced charger to go with them as well?

As you can see, I don't need another maxx, but I'm interested in the brushless stuff they are coming out with now..

Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Picked up this 3905 E-Maxx for $100. What do you guys think?

You got a great deal. Many seem to like the cheaper lipos and chargers from hobby city now.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
phreaktor

What is the highest Mah for lipos now? The guy at the LHS was trying to get me to buy 2 7.4 5000Mah for 180 and a charger for $140... I was like "Ahhhh, maybe next time.", so I could price online first.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:22 AM
guver

There's really no limit to capacity other than making it fit in the chassis. It seems that 5000 mah is a standard size for 1/10 scale stuff. They can always be paralleld to double capacity if they'll fit in the trays. http://www.progressiverc.com/2S_Lipo...6e2aea0dbacd5f might help with picking a pack.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:43 AM
rebuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a great deal for 100 bucks. The 3905 is the one that can handle brushless as im sure you're aware. I have a charger that i still feel is a great value.............up to 6s lipo, nimhs, nicads[:'(], 110v or 12v supply etc.......... : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTFV3&P=7

These lipos are great quality in my opinion and should be a real close fit, they're also 1/3 the price and probably better : http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._30C_Lipo_Pack

The typical nimh pack is about 44-46mm wide, these are 47mm wide, the lipo height is a little less than a nimh. You will need an LVC to run these with your EVX esc : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPGN1&P=7
Old 09-17-2009, 09:46 AM
guver

It looks like someone put the shorter (narrow version) a-arms on your maxx. I'm considering doing that very thing for a large TC or rally car.