Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

MRP HIGH roller

Ijust aquired a MRP high roller and ity need a few parts
    roll bar with lights, hood stack, spare shocks, motor mount and a instruction manual. If anyone has anything let me know. Overall the truck looks good.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: MRP HIGH roller

Hey, I think I was watching that MRP High roller on E-bay. I have a couple and am trying to get some spare parts. I do have the light bar with lights New in the pack and I have a PDF version of the instruction. I am bidding on another high roller on E-bay as I type. If I win this one I will have some extra shocks for you. Are you making a runner or shelf queen. I have a spare motor mount, but it is not in the best of shape but would still work.
    I do have to worn you to check the gears in the transmission. Out of 3 transmissions I have taken apart all 3 have the same cracked gear. I believe it is the 46 tooth gear that has a metal center that gets set screwed to the shaft. I even have a new one in the pack that is cracked.... The only place that came close to matching it was Robinson Racing. They make a 45 tooth and a 47 tooth gear with that same pitch. I called and talked to them and the only thing they said is "We don’t make that gear in 46 tooth.." Maybe if more people request it they might make it?? Let me know on the roll bar and the instructions. I can send you a picture of the roll bar if you like. It will have to be week after next, I am in Texas right now at a training class. I do not know how much to ask for the light bar, but the PDF instructions you can have for free.
    Do you restore any other older RC cars or Trucks? Maybe we can trade parts..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I haven't taken it apart yet. I need a manual to make sure everything is where it's supose to be. I can use the motor mt. I can just make a new one using the old on as a template. what does the 46 tooth gear look like. I bet I can figure out a way to fix it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got a lead on the 46 tooth primary gear.48 pitch gears aren't the best for a truck this size. I think I can convert it to 32 pitch.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That would be pretty cool. Let me know what you come up with. My wife was able to send the manual, but I do not think she can take a picture of the motor mount with dimensions. I will get that to you when I get home this weekend.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I finally got into checking it out.to my suprize the primary gear was cracked as you described. the reason it cracked was the way it was manufactured. a plastic gear formed around a metal hub will always do that. Plastic never cures completly. when it dose it shrinks. I found 3 vendors with the gear. Of the 2 the gear will need aditional machining. Nothing major. just the bore needs resizing and make the hub smaller to clear the other gear .The other just the hub needs to be turned dow to clear still trying to get a price..The gear is solid Aluminum. NO plastic. MY problem now is I need a centeral gearbox and the idler gears and the bushings. Someone tried to lower the motor removing the first idler gear. That's why Im missing the motor mount. That also explains why the gear box is all hacked up.I also need all 8 dummy shocks. The lights for the roll bar and the hood stack. Lets work out a deal.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have found all the gears for the centeral gearbox in stock. Whith a little magic machining I can get them to work. I told you I could find a way.My truck is almost ready to run again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

MY truck is now running again.The gears work great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Super. I just got my bearings so I am trying to put my tranny back together now. Hopefully I will be running shortly also.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I thought you didn't have any primary gears? They were all cracked? I eliminated that problem!