Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

servo twitching problems

Old 10-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo twitching problems

I just recently got a Cen Genesis .46 LE I purchased used here on RCU. Now, It came with the AM TX / RX and as soon as I turn it on, the servos will twitch, I don't even have to touch the trigger or steering wheel, all I have to do is wave it around in the air and the servos twitch. All 3 servos twitched. So, I put my Futaba 3PM FM in it and it did the same thing. Not quite as bad as the AM, but still when I crank it up the throttle servo will twitch worse than the others. I have 4 different Tx & Rxs and the servos twitch with all of them. I'm at a loss here. Some people I've talked to they say I'm getting interference from something, now I don't know why that would be cause I can turn around and put the Rx back into any of my other cars and they work fine. So, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Druss

Default RE: servo twitching problems

Are all the other cars nitros too? Were the servos working fine in other vehicles?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 AM
army2000ng
My Feedback: (3)

Your crystals might me going bad. Try switching your crystals with another vehicle and see if that helps. At times when the receiver gets wet or crystal, the servos start to twitch. Also make sure the crystals are identical with the one in the radio.I replaced mine and it worked fine. As was mentioned by your comments, try going to a place where there is little to no other frequencies and see if in deed it is interference from other radios.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Brett185

Yes, my other cars are nitros too, and the servos don't twitch at all when I have any of my tx / rx in them. Could the chasis itself on the Genesis cause interference? And if so, how could it cause interference on both AM and FM?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Brett185

Oh, and none of my rc's have ever been in water or mud so I don't think them getting wet could be the problem. Like I said, I took the FM Rx straight out of the Genesis and put it right back in my hyper and took it out and ran it with no servo twitching at all. So it seems like it's definetly something about my Genesis my TX / RX's don't like.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:41 PM
army2000ng

Then it has to be the receiver on the truck. Remove the receiver just plug the truck wires to another receiver,if the other receiver works,than it is the receiver going bad or the crystal on the receiver itself.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Brett185

Well it does it with all my RX's. I've put 4 different ones in it and still the same problem.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:25 PM
army2000ng

The only thing else I can think of it, servo's are going bad or the remote is not ment for that receiver. I just thought of an incident that happened a while back to a friend of mine. His servos were pulling to tight by the servo rods, so he removed the screws on the servo and tested the servo. It worked. Try removing the servo screw and work the servos' it worked on his.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Brett185

Thanks, it's worth a try.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:54 AM
iexion

What receiver pack are you using? The same exact thing happen with my losi. Once I put in a 6v receiver pack. No more twitching
Old 12-19-2009, 12:09 PM
CRracer
My Feedback: (1)

New to RCU but not r.c.  Just purchased an lst2 used from r.c.u. and was having similar problems.  Found the throttle servo in the truck was not good by putting into the rx of my 1/8 scale buggy.  Still could not get it to work.  Wanted to get a 2.4 ghz radio anyway so I ordered up an airtronics mx-sport.  Plugged everything in and still have the same trouble.  Lst2 has two stearing servos and I tried plugging them in one at a time.  One of the servos seems o.k. I think the other one may be causing the trouble.  Oddly enough it seems to be causing trouble with my throttle servo glitching around when it is plugged in.  My only other thought is that my rx battery does not have enough juice to power both.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Metal to metal contact cause EMI that can cause servos to glitch. One might notice this when touching the HSN with a screwdriver with the radio turned on (engine off). Typically, those brake rods from the servos go through other rods with loops. Insulate the straight rods with heat-shrink where they go through the loops.

Make sure your Rx antenna wire is not bundled with the power or servo wiring harness's.

Somtimes just being very close can cause servo chatter. Be at least 5 to 10 feet away when you do your test.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Brett185

Well I'm using a 1600 mah Orion rx battery, so I'm sure that's enough juice. But my problem seems to have gotten better. So far I haven't had any real trouble with them lately.