Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

cen mg16

Old 12-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Randizle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cen mg16

dose any one own a mg16? i saw this truck on towerhobbies for $150 and was wondering if its worth the money. is the motor reliable, is the chassis strong, are there any hop ups for it? let me know cause i might get one.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:23 PM
jikkuria

Default RE: cen mg16

i believe the chassis is made of plastic.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
rclynx

There a pretty good little unit ............. I bang the car and the baja truck around for demo's. The car shouldn't even be running but it is after a bunch of repairs from jumping the heck out of it. (it wasn't made to jump) It is as strong as any 1/16 out there and the .15 CEN is a good reliable engine. The CEN engines last as long as OS, SH and any of the other .15's. Oh and that price is what CEN originally sold the unit to dealers for ................ darn good price..................HOP up's go look on the CEN web site and see, tires and wheels work from all that have 12mm hex so have fun and HAPPY RC'en
Old 12-08-2009, 09:25 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend has that truck.. he purchased it for his kids... according to him, they beat it up pretty good.. I think the only thing he replaced was the exhaust to get more performance out of the engine.. He says the truck is very fast now.. I used to own a bunch of Cen stuff and durability was OK at best.. He says the truck is holding up well and hasn't had to fix anything that I know of.. Its small, cheap and overpowered now...
Old 12-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Randizle

thanx. what exaust did he use for it i have a tower tuned pipe and was wondering if that would fit.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:02 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as I know its was just a regular side exhaust.. I think it came from tower.. you could use the cen side exhaust tuned pipe from the 18 as its the same side.. the original one that came with your truck is very restrictive and really robs power... I would imagine any side exhaust tuned pipe for a 12-15 (small block) would work.. It just has to have the mounting bolts, not spring and rubber coupler..
Old 12-15-2009, 05:09 PM
sparky 25

The stock clutch spring also creates alot of drag,

what i done to fix this is to remove the stock one piece clutch spring and fit 2 seperate clutch springs taken from any 21 size 3 shoe clutch setup,

the stock clutch shoes need a little bit of material removed from where they go onto the flywheel to allow for the seperate springs,

this mod allows the truck alot more take off speed and better rpm`s before the clutch engages,

on the exhaust side of things i bought a spare stock exhaust and added the outlet from this to the original exhaust to make dual stingers which frees up lots of power,

i just had to drill a small hole in one of the stingers to fit the fuel pressure tip,

the stock tires were changes to proline striker ll`s which are lower profile and wider than the stock chevron stlyle tires, which prevent rollovers,

adjustable camber links are needed as the stock links have no adjustment and have terrible wheel camber,

i just used 4 kyosho madforce rear lockouts for the upper camber links as these were the correct length and i had them laying around,

after these mods are done the truck became great fun to run and made good power,

heres a vid from a while back after i had completed the said modifications http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7IAleeVaeU