Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Which Monster Truck?? Savage-Revo-Tmaxx etc

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Which Monster Truck?? Savage-Revo-Tmaxx etc

Old 12-08-2009, 07:03 AM
theBUTCHER606

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Monster Truck?? Savage-Revo-Tmaxx etc

I'm looking for a monster truck!!!!

I'm looking for something durable, reliable, and powerful. I will be using it for jumping, hill climbing, and slight bashing. I'll probably be more focused on making rhythm sections of pump jumps for it - alot like the moto x tracks - ive built alot of bmx jumps and i'm pretty obsessed with building dirt sections - after the jumping it will be used for hill climbing - I live in northern kentucky and it seems i'm in the perfect place for a monster truck!@#%! - Ive looked into the Savage X f4.6 - the Revo 3.3 - and the t-maxx -

at first i leaned torward the savage x - but ive read alot of bad reviews on it just being a basher - and having no real balance in the air when jumping - ive read the revo 3.3 is a very good mt - and it can be used for freestyle bashing or cleaned up for racing - i don't really plan on racing but i would like my rc to be balanced in the air - IJUSTCAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND!!!!!!

I have a few jumps in my yard along with a high wall - tabletop - and a set of singles - looking to make the best of them -

If i could i would just buy all 3 - but i don't have that kind of $$$lol - so i'm looking to buy 1 nice solid truck that i can rely on and upgrade when needed or possible -

THANX
Old 12-08-2009, 08:07 AM
theBUTCHER606

Default RE: Which Monster Truck?? Savage-Revo-Tmaxx etc

also - how do those trucks compare to the Losi line?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't go wrong with HPI. Even the name has a tough industrial sound to it ...."H-P-I". The Savage may be the best RC vehicle of all time, but it is a true MT.

From what you're saying you want, a truggy sounds more right than a true MT.

I always thought it would be fun to own a Revo 3.3, but I can't handle the embarrassment factor of owning a Traxxas. Yes, I'm that shallow.

I have not been impressed with any Losi vehicle I have ever seen run. Team Lose-Eee......opposite of Team Win-Eee (oops, sounds like a horse)

In the end, no-one can tell you which is "better". Just go buy what you like, although sticking with popular brand names is a good idea. No matter what you get, some will "pooh-pooh" it and others will praise it. You need tough skin and slippery shoulders....especially to buy that Revo......
Old 12-08-2009, 08:50 AM
theBUTCHER606

i would kind of like to have a truggy and a mt - i'm not sure which would be best for me - i'm thinking a mt - because i'll be using it in the grass alot - along with some very bumpy hills with ruts - also want to focus on the clean dirt jumping - what truck would be best for both worlds? and if i choose to buy one of each - what truggy would be the best?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're gonna get a ton of different opinions.

So here's mine..:

Losi XXL. Best MT going. Bigger than the other, faster, and IMO and experience tougher. I have had two Savages, sold them, and now have to LST2's. They come with the best RTR engines and best radios. They cost more new, but you really do get what you pay for. Lot of truck for the price..

But seriously, my first LST2 is nearly three years old. I've never had to replace a diff, and the wear rate is fantastic. I have the same spur gears, the same tank, the same almost everything - except for a servo or two, and I changed to RPM arms(not necessary..) and changed to stiffer springs(adviseable..) and got a roll-bar. All you need. Very solid, reliable, fast, and great handling truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us5hIGH0Dac

Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I love my Savage .25, and the savage is the best basher there is IMO(there are many good MT's though, this is just my favorite).

In 6 gallons the only things I have replaced or repaired were the rear differential, the clutch, and clutch bearings. Everything else is all original. It flies awesome when you jump it. Its the best jumping r/c i have had. Very easy to control in the air. Just look at how big the suspension arms are on the savage compared to the rest and that will give you a good idea of the durability of them. Also, the TVP chassis has been easier to keep clean than any flat chassis MT's i have owned. I have had an Associated MGT, HPI Savage, and a T-Maxx, and the savage has been my favorite. The MGT was easier to work on, and handled really good, but im not that into handling, I like to do the kind of running you are talking about. I live in ky too, so i know the terrain.

Here are a couple video's of my savage

Stock everything down in our dried up pond- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avQKHhENtHk

Out in a disced field with the Axial .28 Spec 1s, and the Integy aluminum clutch- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnywLdXm-S4

I definately reccomend the savage, its just a great all around truck IMO.

Eric

Old 12-08-2009, 05:58 PM
vwb563

Well, I own each of the trucks you mentioned. It sounds like to me that probably the best truck for you would be the Revo. Its suspension can be adjusted in so many ways. It can be set up with the progressive rockers and soft springs for the truggie look and handling or it can be set up to be a MT with the long travel rockers and stiff springs all of which are included with the Revo. Dont get me wrong I love my savages. Honestly they are quite a bit tougher than my Traxxas vehicles and their engines are easier to tune. The Revo's and T-Maxxes are tough enough though. They will take quite a bit of bashing! I would suggest owing one of each but since you said you are limited to buying just one, I believe the Revo would fit the bill.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Randizle

get a tmaxx its fast and reliable

Old 12-15-2009, 02:12 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ LOL YEAH.. believe the guy above me and you'll be set for life lmao

Savage/Revo/LST2/MGT- all awesome, cant go wrong. I prefer the Savage and LST though
Old 12-18-2009, 11:37 PM
dacaur

losi LST XXL FTW!!