Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Winter Tires on a Revo

Old 12-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Straick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Tires on a Revo

Setting my Revo 2.5 up for winter running again(snow). I'm thinking of ordering some [link=http://www.prolineracing.com/products/Paddle_3_2_Sand_Tires-18-115.html]paddle tires[/link] for it. On Proline's site, they say that they are for the back only, but am wondering how well they would work on all 4 wheels. I tend to run it in snow that can approach 3 foot deep, and don't want to go in after it. I'll be running them on Maximixer 3.2" beadlocks(have had great success with them when running Proline Masher tires in the summer and last winter(only drawback is that they don't breath like normal rims, but in snow that can be a good thing). Thanks.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:04 AM
army2000ng
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Winter Tires on a Revo

I put some paddle tires on all four of my traxxas t max and it runs terrific. It slings mud all over the place, can't wait for the snow. Nothing wrong with having them on all four.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89731.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1332594  
Old 12-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Straick

Mounted up a set of the tires I linked to, and all I can say is wow. Ease into the throttle, and it gets right up and out. Once it's moving, hammer it and watch the snow fly out behind it. Only problem I ran into with them was the lack of steering when applying the throttle. It was actually pulling wheelies in the snow, as well as a few flips. And that's in about 3-4 inches. Can't wait till I get the ones for the front. Should rule in deeper stuff and not get stuck this year.
Top it all off, they actually clear themselves when running, which means that they keep right on working. Now will have to see how long they last seeing as how they feel like a softer compound than what I normally run. Keep you all posted.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:58 AM
studysession

Nice -
Can you do a video?
Old 12-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Straick

Might be able to, but need to get with a buddy who has a camera first. Don't have a video camera, but I do have a still camera.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:39 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've run paddles in the snow and they work great.. don't know about 3 foot deep though.. I think you will be digging for that one.. The paddles will last a long time and maybe forever if they are not run on hard surfaces.. mud, snow and sand only.. My Baja ones are almost 3 years old and the ones are my Rustler VXL are older.. I know what you mean about wheelies and backflips.. Its addicting... forget about steering unless you get front paddles.. its should help.. I've run 4 paddles on my T-maxx before, but I only run the Baja in the snow and water now...