Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

E-maxx questions, mods etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 07:33 PM
brenthampton79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-maxx questions, mods etc.

just bought a 14.4 volt emaxx off of ebay that looks to be in decent condition, I have several other rc cars and trucks including the new 4x4 slash, so im not new to rc cars and trucks, but I am new to the monster trucks, I've always wanted a monster so I found one for a good deal and bought it and thought I'll try it out,

Here is the main question. Could I put the t-lock diffs on the truck? I mean i know anything is posible granted enough money.. but would it be that difficult to mod it some how to put them on there with a little fabrication work? I know ill need to get a 4 channel radio but thats not a big deal, been thinking about gettin a traxxas 2.4 4 channel thats soon to be out.

Another question is what about the novack brushless hv combo? I kind of like the idea of being waterproof though so would an evx2 be better considering the t-lock mod?

On the tranny can I put the summit low end gear ratio in this tranny by just swapping the gear?

And the last question is there and particular mod that I should do to the truck that makes it a ton better or is it being stock pretty good already, Im not going to race it just play around in the yard and climb around on a dirt pile and jump it some.

Like I said im new to the monster trucks and they seem to have lots more options and more complicated drive lines, I currently have the traxxas bandit, vxl rustler, stampede, slash 2wd, slash 4wd, duratrax evader, mostly simple cars in my opinion just 2 channels u know. I'm running brushless on all the cars and 7.4v lipos. but I do have several 6c nimh packs for the emaxx too. Well hopefully this will give you an Idea of my background to help me along here, like I said im not afraid to do some fabrication work to get the t-locks on there and make a mount for the extra servo to get the t-lock controls to work.

Thanks Brent

PS

how much do you think the 16.8v system will pick the speed up? Also could you run just one velineon system with a 3s lipo on the truck or would it not have enough power? And if you could without burning the motor up what kind of performance would you see?
(I have a spare velineon system I can swap between my pede to this)
Old 12-28-2009, 11:56 PM
brenthampton79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-maxx questions, mods etc.

well I just put the velineon system (waterproof version) on it on a 2s lipo and It picked the speed up quite a bit and seems to run cool and still very controllable, I also put a 2075 traxxas digital servo in for the steering and that was a great improvement so now im down to the t-lock work so i need to order a housing or whole diff and Ill go from there, I also need to put a new body on it this one is trashed now, but I'll put some pics of it up if anyone is interested