Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Does anyone stockREDCAT PARTS near Connecticut

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Does anyone stockREDCAT PARTS near Connecticut

Old 12-30-2009, 01:20 PM
hawkycoach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone stockREDCAT PARTS near Connecticut

I live in CT and want to be able to purchase parts as locally as I can.I don't want them drop shipped asI can order off of Redcat myself. If you stock them and have them on hand I will buy from you. Let me know. Thanks
Old 12-30-2009, 03:44 PM
army2000ng
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Does anyone stockREDCAT PARTS near Connecticut

What vehicle and what part?
Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

I purchased my Aftershock 8E from urchobby.com; Kurt has great prices and has just about every part in stock and can ship it to you in about 2-3 days.
URC Hobby
Bellmore NY
(516)499-7419.
There is also www.rctoysnh.com P.O Box 431,Northwood,NH 03261
866.444.1919 (M-F 10AM-5PM EST
Old 12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
hawkycoach

Redcat earthquake 4x4 3.5 monster truck. I broke what they refer to as the servo saver complete kit but really I broke thesteering linkageand thats all that broke but you have to buy this is a complete set from Redcat Which is ok but the shipping is more than the part which is why I prefer local. It will be quicker and shipping more reasonable. URCHOBBYhas it in stainless which I prefer but its out of stock.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:11 PM
hawkycoach

Thanks Basketball.  Kurt seems like a very nice guy.  Spoke to him and ordered it will have it in a day or two since I'm so close.  Appreciate the heads up.  I too will pass that on.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:25 AM
SC-RCer

I've received a shipment this week from URC Hobby and shipping price was reasonable and only took 3 days to South Carolina. I have 3 Earthquakes new to my stable (santa to me and my two sons) and noticed on 2 of them that the servoc saver was originally very stiff. Found that if the 2 center screws on the top plate that captures the servo saver and linkage are too tigh it will put a serious bind on the unit and add undue stress. 2 of mine were so tight that the servo would only turn the wheels about half of their intended travel. Put a drop of blue loctitie on them and then just snug them up and the steering turns Sooooo much better. I've ordered about $100 in misc. spare parts because I too don't have anyone local that stocks Earthquake parts. Found the steering arms are pretty weak already (replaced 2 since Christmas).

Have Fun
Old 01-02-2010, 10:05 AM
hawkycoach

I just ordered the steeriong linkage in stainless hoping to avoid that part breaking again.  Thanks for the heads up.  What parts did you buy to keep on hand?   I am new to RC.  Luckily URC is the next state over so I can have my stuff in a couple of days also.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:15 PM
SC-RCer

I ordered many of the critical screws as they aren't readily found at your local Lowes. Also i ordered, clutch shoes and bell, 43T spur gear, steering arms, front and rear shock towers, lower front suspension arms, M4 wheel nuts, axels, and both the steering and throttle linkage kits because the small round collars that retain the linkages are very small and I figured easily bumped off the work bench and easily lost.

The steering arms are starting to become a problem as we snapped a third since Christmas today just from rolling the truck in the grass.

Bet that Quake is a blast in a light snow!!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:07 PM
hawkycoach

I will find out soon...waiting on the part.  New Years screwed up the delivery date..Oh well.  Thanks for the info will need to stock up soon.  Hoping for better weather but it doesnt look like its coming.  Getting colder by the day up here.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:26 PM
firstnitro

I too broke the same part and was wondering what parts from other makes will interchange with this truck.
Any help?