Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

HPI Savage X creek/water running questions

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HPI Savage X creek/water running questions

Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Triscuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Savage X creek/water running questions

The main reason i got my savage was to BA****... Iam going to be taking this truck camping with me all the time and one of the places we go there is a lot of AWESOMEcreek crossings and stuff like that i would love to be able to play around on. My question is what do i have to do to make this safe or is it even possible with a nitro rc? ( i posted this in the HPIforums but realized that it owuld be better to post it here in the MTsection.)
Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Mickstix

Default RE: HPI Savage X creek/water running questions

Anything deep enough to submerge the chassis, and your probably asking for trouble.. I've also heard of guys who tried to use a snorkel for the air and exhaust, and run them submerged but the radio didnt work with it under water.. But if your just running over shallow creek (maybe 1/3 of the tire/wheel deep) you should put your electronics into a balloon or something waterproof, and remember it'll shut off it the exhaust cant breath, or if the airfilter is under water.. Also once your done, getting the water and moisture out is the biggest killer cause rust will form on/in your bearings,and any ss/metal surfaces (as well as in any electronics that areant sealed up) You should also dip your servos in "liquid tape" or some form of liquid rubber, to keep moisture out of them as well)They can handle some water, but water "resistant" is about as good as you can expect.. Good luck and dont forget the camera/recorder!!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Triscuit

Default RE: HPI Savage X creek/water running questions

if i do this i will 100% have some good video. and thanks