Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need help deciding

Old 01-26-2010, 02:59 PM
xBiGxPx
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help deciding

Was looking into getting my first RC Nitro Monster truck and was considering the 1/10 Traxxas T Maxx And the Savage 4.6 Big block and the XL 5.9 Big block

I am new to this so anything helpful is greatly appreciative.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need help deciding

Got the Savage X good truck can take a royal beating. Yet to brake a part on mine. The RTR has the F4.6 which is a damn good engine.
BTW that ebay one is a rip off that you said in your other thread
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXRYP0**&P=ML $404 RTR from a hobby shop enter cupon code 016D8 for $20 off (should be about what UPS ground shipping costs)
Only thing about it is the manufacturer settings for break in are too rich and the needles usually have to be leaned out a bit to be able to hit proper breakin temps.

The XL is a few inches longer and a tad bit wider and has a bigger engine. The X is the better deal though you can buy the XL plates arms and dogbones for like $45 and buy a good engine for the price of the XL (the K series engine are not that good that is in the XL and X SS, The RTR though has the F4.6 like i said above)

also I would recommend 2 parts for any savage the RPM skid plate http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNXF4&P=7 (it protects the tranny incase you hit something pointed)
and tank guard http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPBN0&P=ML (protects the gas tank which is kind of exposed on the side)

hope that helps
Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM
xBiGxPx
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your help, am really considering buying the savage x 4.6 from Tower Hibbies, What fuel do you recoment best.

And one more question my order from Tower Hobbies dosnt let me pick a color just want to know is it random or what? Thanks anyways.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

never ordered from there personally (State tax is kind of high its cheaper for me to order from amain ) but only hear good things. And yea seems its random what color you get(most the places are like that). I remember about a month back I read a post someone got the only color they didn't like in a RC off tower.

Fuel goto the HPI Monster truck forums and ask (usually they say odonnel 20% or maxy 20%)