Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HELP

Old 01-31-2010, 02:13 AM
rc jay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP

I need some help. I just got my new redcat volcano s30. I have a few questions. First when I manually turn the rear wheels the right front wheel will turn but not the left. Is this normal or is there a problem? Second I was breaking the motor in and tried to get it to idel without the wheels moving but was unable to without it stalling. I managed to keep it running to finish the first part- ideling for a tank and then put the piston to bdc. Now it will not start. I have been adjusting the high speed needle and idel screw but it wont fire up? If anyone can help me it will be appreciated. Or if there is a better forum for this question please direct me to it. Thanks

Old 01-31-2010, 10:31 AM
army2000ng
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: HELP

Check the tightness of you front wheel, sometimes the wheel is too tight and won't move. I had this happen before.When the tires move it is sometimes normal until you make your final adjustments. Re-set the needles back to factory setting, Go tohttp://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1005for redcat volcano spec,1 turn on your high end is too lean, it's so lean its choking your idle. Close the high and come out 3 turns, that will be rich but it's a start to tune. On factory Redcat engines, (made by Vertex) that don't have low end mixes, and your idle screw should be cranked in enough to give about a 1/32" opening in the carb barrel, just set the idle where its smooth but the clutch doesnt engage/truck doesn't roll away at idle. Make sure you change your glow plug once you get it running, being lean overheats them and being rich can fuel foul them, wouldnt be surprised if the one in there now isnt a bit bad by now. Once you get the engine running, don't worry about the tires moving, just run the 5 tanks. When this is don't use the remote throttle adjustment to slow the tires down. Allow a little movement, this will keep it from bogging down. When the tires move a little, it won't take off, if it does lower the control setting. Hope this helps.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:23 PM
rc jay

Thank you for replying, The wheel isnt seized, it will turn just not when I manually turn the back wheels but when i turn theright frontwheel it will spintheopposite way.I assumethere is a problem with my front end gears?I will try again today to get it started.Thanks again.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:34 PM
army2000ng
My Feedback: (3)

Don't worry to much about that. My HPI does the same, it has to run at a faster speed for the front tires to engage.Check your clutch to make sure it is not too loose. I have been running REDCAT for over two years and find them to be exciting trucks. I am not trying to sell you anything, just letting you know Volcano s30 is a very good truck. I have a black one that I am playing with today in the snow. Anything else I can help you with, let me know, if I can't solve it, I will send you to a site that can.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Brilyn318

I have only had my Volcano S30 for a few days now. I have only driven it on the street and grass.I was driving it on the grass yesterday and lost 90% of the power to the wheels, motor runs fine. Can someone please tell me whats wrong. Thanks