My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 8 port help

which pullstart do you buy in ebay for the 8port
Old 08-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Legendary

Default It's the same as the one for the .25

Yes, Tumble it was me that sent you to Ebay to check that out. I also have found some steel cable but, not sure of the size yet?? It's .015 and will take a 40lb load.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:19 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

8port pullstart and force 25 pullstart are the same?can u send me link please thanks
Old 08-21-2003, 02:33 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Originally posted by badboy2
8port pullstart and force 25 pullstart are the same?can u send me link please thanks
I think they differ slightly but anyways here's the guys email;
[email protected]

His name is Jason Hoyle. He's a real good guy and he didn't mind me emailing him when he didn't have a current auction going. I did paypal with him and had my P/S within two days. depends on if he has any built on hand also.

Good luck
Old 04-12-2006, 08:37 PM
linkadrip

Default RE: hyper 8 port help

Hello everyone out ther in RC land. I purchased this OFNA Hyper 21 8 Port engine i still haven't figured out wht 8 port means but i have an idea. But thats not important at this point. i got the engine without a flywheel and clutch so i purchased that, but heres were my inexpience comes in with this engine. the engione is going in A TMAXX 2.5 and i know with the engine i have in it the clutch spins freely and i would think that is the way it should be on this new engine.

The clutch on this engine has three shoes and a spring for each shoe i put it on the engine and assembled it to the best of my ability, i noticed that it was very difficult to get the bell on over the shoes and springs and is very hard to turn. For some reason i don't think that this is the way it should be simply because when i do get it on the truck and start this engine the clutch is going to be engaged and i know the truck will take off.

Does anyone know the correct way to assemble this clutch on this engine. i know i sure dont any help would be a greatly appriciated. thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55386.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	444255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58534.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	444256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38334.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	444257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82172.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	444258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fq89811.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	444259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pg62436.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	444260  
Old 04-16-2006, 09:49 PM
linkadrip

Default RE: hyper 8 port help

Well i figured out how the clutch goes on this engine i was in just to big a hurry to get it on before should have took my time and examined it a little closer So now it works fine now just getting it to fit a tmaxx is going to be the problem.
ORIGINAL: linkadrip

Hello everyone out ther in RC land. I purchased this OFNA Hyper 21 8 Port engine i still haven't figured out wht 8 port means but i have an idea. But thats not important at this point. i got the engine without a flywheel and clutch so i purchased that, but heres were my inexpience comes in with this engine. the engione is going in A TMAXX 2.5 and i know with the engine i have in it the clutch spins freely and i would think that is the way it should be on this new engine.

The clutch on this engine has three shoes and a spring for each shoe i put it on the engine and assembled it to the best of my ability, i noticed that it was very difficult to get the bell on over the shoes and springs and is very hard to turn. For some reason i don't think that this is the way it should be simply because when i do get it on the truck and start this engine the clutch is going to be engaged and i know the truck will take off.

Does anyone know the correct way to assemble this clutch on this engine. i know i sure dont any help would be a greatly appriciated. thanks