Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

hyper 8 port help

Old 07-12-2003, 11:37 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 8 port help

i just installed the 8 port on my savage...man that pullstart killed my hand..i got cuts on knuckles, palm...the pullstart is too short to reach ...now i run it idle for like 3 tanks..so next is oval run 1/4throttle and 1/2 throttel ....now how do i set my needles for tuning..the manual doesnt say in there..or i just dont know if they are specifying tuning the lsn when they say 3 1/2turns out from flush...should i lean it or richen the hsn..after all the break in what is the desirable setting..pls help
Old 07-12-2003, 11:40 PM
coreyhp
My Feedback: (1)

put the hsn 2 3/4 from the buttom. i never touched any other needle and my 8 port is awsome. watch the temps though.i stay below 250 all the time, but i have the nova cooling head
Old 07-13-2003, 12:21 AM
badboy2

u mean close hsn and turn 2 3/4 out?how did u resolved that pullstart man its to tight worst than flooded..if i just took pic a while ago u could have seen blood form my knuckles on the cooling head..would that eventually go...and also when i try to run it oval its bogging down is that normal after the 3 tank idle..and with that thing how would u know if u flooded it..
Old 07-13-2003, 03:41 AM

The pull starter will get easier to pull...after time. Plan on breaking them too-they are hella weak. And i know what you mean, its hard to reach the pull starter in the savage, there isnt much room back there. I think i might buy the hot bodies extended chassis later on. It gives about an inch more room back there, so pulling is a little easier...
Old 07-13-2003, 03:43 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Put in a piece of fuel tubing or something.. so it doesnt go down all the way.

That way you dont have to touch that hot head every time you have to pull it.

You can also make a wire twisty holder.. like they have in lawnmovers!

ram
Old 07-13-2003, 04:11 AM
badboy2

Originally posted by 987982
The pull starter will get easier to pull...after time. Plan on breaking them too-they are hella weak. And i know what you mean, its hard to reach the pull starter in the savage, there isnt much room back there. I think i might buy the hot bodies extended chassis later on. It gives about an inch more room back there, so pulling is a little easier...

how long is that time ...ram nice idea too i am thinking of what i could put
Old 07-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Legendary

Default If it is,

Anything like the .25 it took me about 3/4 of a gallon before it loosened up a bit! It is still pretty tight but, it starts in 1-2 pulls now so not a big deal!
Old 07-13-2003, 01:48 PM
Isphius

my 8-port has about 10 tanks and the pull start only loosened up a little. For the first few times i started it i used a rubber wheel electric starter for an airplane. It works great on the monster pirate. Plenty of power and rpms, but not much torque. my old thunder tiger 90$ engine could pull the 8-port powered truck up a hill.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:56 PM
badboy2

you guys are right now i can at least pull it a little bit to get a grip and 1 pull it starts is that for life?i hope its like this ..and when it bogs down cuz i never touched needle yet ..do iclose it and open it again?if yes how many turns out or should i adjust it clockwise 1/8turn from break in setting
Old 07-13-2003, 09:59 PM
studysession

I do not have a savage - but my 8 port got easier to start after 9 or 10 tanks of fuel.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:03 PM
badboy2

yo what are u goin to do in england?moving there?
Old 07-13-2003, 10:08 PM
studysession

Yeah - My wife wanted a change of scenery. So we are moving there for a few years.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:40 PM
badboy2

i need to post pix heheh
Old 07-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Alright fellas for those that absolutley hated me for destroying my .21BB i've stopped and I've got my New 8port on my savage. I had it on temporarily but like badboy, i was destorying my hand. busted the Pull start cable again and broke down and bought the steel cable one from this guy [email protected]

If you don't like how that damn cable is so close to the head I'd recommend buying one of his P/S. He makes the length of the handle a full 3.5 inches. This makes it easier to pull over as well, at least it makes it seem easier because you can better manipulate the handle and you can pull the cord while the body is on. My highest recommendation.

LEGENDARY if you are reading this thanks for that link to ebay that's how I found this guy.

Try it... it's worth the 56.00 delivered to your door. He got mine here in lightning speed. Two days after i paid it was at my door step.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:05 PM
badboy2

man 56 bux is it guaranteed not to break?is it easy to pull ?and does it fits perfectly?
Old 07-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Originally posted by badboy2
man 56 bux is it guaranteed not to break?is it easy to pull ?and does it fits perfectly?
It's not garunteed but you don't need one as long as you don't pull the chord the full length. What it actually is, is a brand new P/S from ofna that this guy puts a braided steel line in. So yes it is a direct fit because it's the same P/S that ofna sells just has a better line in it. I think it's an easier pull, it seemed to me that it was a drastic difference over the factory one with the shorter length for the handle. And like i said I had an 8 port prior to this and flew through P/S this time I broke one and bought this one from Jason and man It's a huge difference.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Stingray

Default Needle Settings

Badboy, the settings from the factory are way rich. Almost too rich to keep the engine running. After much reading and a couple of calls to Ofna here's where my needles ended up.....
HSN 2.5 turns OUT from CLOSED
LSN 2 turns IN from FLUSH with the ball collar.

Also, you may want to check out Ofna's forums for some answers.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:08 PM
NitroXtreme

Yeah - My wife wanted a change of scenery. So we are moving there for a few years.
Good luck, but be ready to pay for rc models twice as much in USA
Old 07-14-2003, 05:17 PM
studysession

Yeah - everyone has forwarned me about the cost of everything. Hoping I can do mail order. But then you have an xtra tax on everything coming into the country. It is like 18% or something. Correct me if I am wrong. Over all - I think the experience will be great for my kids and stuff. It is all good stuff.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:52 AM
skydalimit

tear lol

well i will be missing all ur good info an the good vids u been putin on the web
Old 07-15-2003, 03:03 AM
studysession

thanks - I will still be on RCU. I will be in Harrogate. They have cable modems there. Just will be off line for the 2 weeks on vacation and maybe 2 or 3 weeks getting settled in. The web site will stay up and I will make more vids over there.

Hopefully find me a good camera man to get my buggy on tape. I love that thing. I will be without my RC stuff for almost 7 or 8 weeks. It takes that long for the movers to get my stuff over there.

Good Times...
Old 08-20-2003, 10:06 AM
gotskrilla

my brother has a hyper21 8 port for his 9.5 and this is what he did he just bought an ofna starter box much esier on the hands
Old 08-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Originally posted by gotskrilla
my brother has a hyper21 8 port for his 9.5 and this is what he did he just bought an ofna starter box much esier on the hands

GEE That's just frickin' fantastic. Too bad it WONT WORK ON A SAVAGE!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Legendary

Default Tumbleweed

Glad to hear that it is working out for you with the P/S off Ebay! I had to change out my P/S a few weeks ago but, it was only the knot that came loose so I have a spare now!

gotskrilla, Tumbleweed is right! A starter box will not help anyone unless they have a buggy,truggy or on-road car! It won't work on a Maxx or Savage.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Legendary,
Pretty sure you're the one that told me about that E-bay weren't you? Thanks alot I wouldn't have been able to find it without your direction.
Man I've got at least a couple hundred pulls on this one and it's showing no signs of letting out any time soon.

Though if I were wanting to do another one I'd just buy some of great planes or dubro's steel wire and do it my self. I didn't know that they had it for the push-pull systems on airplanes until a couple of weeks ago.

BTW anyone got a better way of rewinding my spring that doesn't take two people? I've done it four times on my latest 8 port and have finally fixed the problem of the spring popping out of it's retaining slip by fastening a small screw in place over the top of it <--- one heck of a run-on sentence.

Just interested in anyone elses techniques and it pertains to the 8 port cause it happens to alot of us <-I'm speculating

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.