Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What do I need to get started?

Old 07-13-2003, 06:24 PM
scotthg1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need to get started?

What do I need to get started? If I buy the savage,it has a remote. Do I just buy a starter kit with fuel,glo plug starter,extra plugs? And where's the best price and support? Thanks
Old 07-13-2003, 06:57 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

You will need batteries, fuel (more than a quart), glow starter, and a couple extra glow plugs. My addvice to you if you are on a low budget get the extra stuff you need first, then buy the truck, also if you plan to run it alot you will need some rechargable batteries for your remote and for your reciever and a charger for both, it will save you alot of money down the road, and your equipment will perform alot better, you should also purchase a gallon of fuel instead of a quart, cause it will take about a quart to just break in the engine!!
Old 07-13-2003, 10:19 PM
new72Savage

Running supplies and tools:
*#1 & #2 phillips
*#0 (long) flathead , for tunning
*good set of allen wrenches (made from drill blanks) preferred to stock plus u'll be missing one size in the stock set
*variety pack of zip straps
*gallon of fuel
*gallon of denatured alcohol & plant sprayer (stay away from rims if u ike the chrome though)
*bike glove (leather, fingerless, u'll thank me during break in)
*nut bolt organizer or tackle box for supplies and parts
*tube of thread lock
*spare screws (any metal in metal, unless u dissassemble and thread lock them all, u'll loose some
*dry cell glow plug starter to back up rechargeable one
*extra fuel line
*tighten (and im mean TIGHTEN) ur wheels nuts at start of every session and after every tank (they should last u a while, 1-2 g's, if u tighten religiously)
*i recomend having a MG steering servo on hand, u will strip the stock plastic one first few times bashing (even better replace at outset and movesteering servo to throttle)
* relocate throttle return spring to roll bar hole (servo side of roll bar, u'll never get WOT in stock location)

These items should get u through break-in and a few bash sessions uninterupted. u will be glad, especially if u have to travel to ur normal bash site. These supplies should help get u through several tanks before u have to worry about down time waiting for parts or running to supply/hobby store
Old 07-14-2003, 12:07 AM
scotthg1

I thank you for all your info. You said a mouthful there. I do have most of the items except for the R/C parts. Thanks again NEW72SAVAGE.