Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MRC Thunder King

Old 03-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Shortfuse206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MRC Thunder King

I was in the hobby shop the other day and this guy had this fantastic looking MRC Thunder King not a bit of rust for a 18 year old truck. this thing looks like it was assembled in the last year only a few scratches on the chassis. the original motors look like they have been barley used, I had to have it. well a few phone calls and days later I was able to buy this truck for $60 RTR with a nice basic Futaba 2ch radio and servo, 2 1500mah 7cell packs, and a nice Duratax speed control. I think I got one hell of a deal. I know it will be almost impossible to find parts, but I don't plan on running this thing hard just some good old playing in the dirt no jumps. let me know what you think, and also any one know where to get parts eBay has a few but not much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0228.jpg
Views:	1259
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	2238119

Name:	100_0229.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	2238120

Name:	100_0230.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	2238121
Old 03-12-2010, 08:59 AM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: MRC Thunder King

i know that beastie, contact team3six on www.rc411.com, in the forum section, he did a beautaful job on his, i'd grab a few threads but, i'm at school, and they blocked it so i can't grab um, but i'll get some tonite maybe, or tommorow, (idk if i'll be online tonite) be sure to look him up tho,

http://www.team3sixrc.com/

thats his website

the lug
Old 03-12-2010, 09:05 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks sweat.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

http://www.rc411.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3939

there you go,

the lug
Old 03-25-2010, 03:55 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The thunder king's are awesome trucks. Yes parts are getting hard to find so you should buy up a few parts trucks off Ebay if you really plan to run yours. I have 3 thunder Kings, 1 Baja King and the Desert thunder. The only thing I have broke on any of them is the body mounts. The hard plastic is not very forgiving.

Here's some pics. I shot them next to more common 1/10 cars so people can really see the size difference. Most don't believe how big these are.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 PM
abp667

I'm in the process of getting back into the hobby and looking for ways to fund my new projects. Well I was able to locate my old Thunder King chassis and unpainted body. The tires are shot but that's what 15 years of storage will do I suppose. Anyone know what I might be able to get for this setup? I just don't have the time or energy to get into a full rebuild like this. But I'm sure someone out there would be interested.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:55 PM
john01374

ABP - Unfortunately these trucks are only loved by a few people and they don't bring a lot of money as you rarely will find two people willing to fight over a truck. I've bought a few of these over the years and the most I have ever seen a build truck sell for is $100. I bought it because it was much like your. Had a clear unpainted body, had never been run. It also included decals, spare wheels and tires and a bunch of spare parts, the original box and all the paperwork including the original receipt for Towerhobbies. It also came with a new EVX2 ESC and a pair of titans.

New in the box versions sell for $150 to $200 on Ebay

If you're serious about selling it drop me a PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:40 PM
abp667

Thanks for the input John. Right now the Thunder King and 2 other vintage rc's (Tamiya Astute &Blackfoot) are at my parents in NC and will hopefully be shipped down to me by the end of the week when I can take better stock of what exactly I have on my hands and what i'd like to try and get for them. I've seen some really nice mods to the Thunder King that make me want to try and resurrect it but like I said with family and work I'm just not sure I have the energy/time to give it the attention it would require.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 AM
john01374

ORIGINAL: abp667

Thanks for the input John. Right now the Thunder King and 2 other vintage rc's (Tamiya Astute & Blackfoot) are at my parents in NC and will hopefully be shipped down to me by the end of the week when I can take better stock of what exactly I have on my hands and what i'd like to try and get for them. I've seen some really nice mods to the Thunder King that make me want to try and resurrect it but like I said with family and work I'm just not sure I have the energy/time to give it the attention it would require.
I hear ya... BTW that Astute and Blackfoot can be real money makers they are in good shape. I've seen usd astutes sell in the $300 range on ebay lately so that one would be worth putting some time and effort into fixing and selling.

As for the Thunder Kings. They are great fun trucks and you can do a lot to them but like anything else they break and require parts to fix which are becoming harder to find these days. To keep my MRC's running over the years i've had to search and buy about 6 "parts" trucks to keep things going so it does get expensive..
Old 05-13-2010, 03:01 PM
abp667

I'm hoping to get all three cars in by next week so I can see exactly what kind of shape they are in. I've seen a pic of the Astute that my Dad took and besides the MSC hanging from underneath the lid I didn't see any major issues.