Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-maxx 2.5 with Sirio 3.0 .18

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 02:02 AM
rsgunther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx 2.5 with Sirio 3.0 .18

I just put the Sirio .18 into my T-maxx 2.5 this weekend. After a several hour install on friday night, I fired it up on Saturday morning. I used the Trinity 20% break in fuel with it and a McCoy MC-9 plug. Also, I ordered the tuned pipe, but it is on backorder, so I used the t-maxx 2.5 pipe and drilled out the pipe as recommended.

Several things for anyone considering this motor.

1)It is easier to tune with only 2 adjustment screws. 1 HSN & 1 LSN.

2)It is more stable, idles better & etc.

3)After 6 tanks of break-in fuel, I switched to my Traxxas 20% fuel. I had to lean up the needles pretty good.

4)It runs very well and is really powerful, I would guess 15 to 20% more powerful; however, the power isn't overwelming. Don't get me wrong it runs GREAT, but don't expect it to be a whole world of difference.

5)Overall, I would do it again, but the 2.5 motor is pretty good for a .15, albeit very touchy to tune & maintain. I think the 2.5 is simply too small for the t-maxx which causes it to be stressed & overheat & such. I run the 2.5 in my rustler 2.5 and it never stalls, overheats or etc. In the t-maxx I had nothing but stalls, constant tuning issues & etc.

This message is just a follow-up for anyone thinking of making the conversion. In my opinion, the t-maxx just needs a motor bigger than .15 so it doesn't get undully stressed. The sirio installs very well, excepts the easy start system, and is only around $175.00 at tower with the discount. Sell your 2.5 on ebay & make the plunge, you will be happy.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:16 AM
ARSAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx 2.5 with Sirio 3.0 .18

I agree with you. i think the 2.5 is small for the T-maxx especially if you add after market parts like aluminum bulkheads and skid plates. My sirio .18 has 3 gallons through it and it hasn't given me any problems. The power is there and it doesn't stall or overheat in my T-maxx.
My ruslter 2.5 is also the same as yours. It never overheated and it can run 4 straight tanks without overheating. Just wanted to share that.