Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Finally Beefing My Savage!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Kenroc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Beefing My Savage!!!!

My Savageis gonna be kick ***** in a week or two (as if it isn't already ) I just bought the Ofna Force .26, Big Joe Tires, High Torques Servo, New Rims, and new dog bones all the way around. WHat else do you guys reccomend as far as upgrades due to the new engine? I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 06:49 PM
elway358

I bought the Mugen 3 shoe clutch and flywheel kit when I got my Picco .26. Fit right on and works awesome. No clutch slipping at all since I put it on.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Letsskydive

Clamp on hex nuts
Old 07-15-2003, 07:49 PM
elway358

Oh yeah, that is a good one. Got those too. Sure makes changing wheels a lot less aggrevating too.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:08 PM
popa71

Sorry my friend but thats not kick ASS!!!. Kick ass would have been the Hyper 8 port or picco .26 and instead of the cheap ass proline wheels that peel chrome when the wind blows you should have brought some hot bodies ufos or revolutions they are larger ,more durable and cheaper than the prolines, not to mention they look better. The dog bones are a good buy. but what about some graphite chasis plates. and threaded shocks thats more like KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:36 PM
cemeb4dk

I agree with elway and lets skydive, I run the mugen 3 shoe clutch and flywheel, acehardwarehobbies has it in kit form for like 28 bucks. i would also get the ofna vented 16t clutchbell. Good luck with the big joes, I'm not a fan of them, but then i'm getting more into racing.. Also good luck with the pull starter on the .26 very cheap, I would invest in the roto start. also watch out for the one way bearing. Mine cracked in half, its an internal one not like the one on the .21. My engine is at ofna right now being fixed under warranty, but they fixed the carb issue, now its a one way bearing prob. You'll love the .26 its hard to keep the front wheels on the ground
Old 07-15-2003, 10:31 PM
elway358

Originally posted by popa71
Sorry my friend but thats not kick ASS!!!. Kick ass would have been the Hyper 8 port or picco .26 and instead of the cheap ass proline wheels that peel chrome when the wind blows you should have brought some hot bodies ufos or revolutions they are larger ,more durable and cheaper than the prolines, not to mention they look better. The dog bones are a good buy. but what about some graphite chasis plates. and threaded shocks thats more like KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!

Right on with the Picco .26, but I have to disagree big time with the wheels. I have the hot bodies ufo/psycho combo and here is what they look like after about three tanks. The proline wheels are chipped too, but they are chipped where I run on a gravel road a lot and chip them with the rocks. The Hot Bodies are just plain cracking and flaking off. Its either a cheap plating or process that they use.

Dont get me wrong, I love these wheels, but my Velocities and Joes definately have a more durable finish. I like them both and knew they were gonna chip. Thats just the way it is. I'll just break out the old krylon once they get too bad.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:30 AM
popa71

I had the pyscho combo as well and no chips. maybe you got a bad set. Hot bodies plating is much better than prolines. I chewed the prolines up on the first tank.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:37 AM
lamp3y3

There was a guy at the track today with that exact engine in his Savage. He broke two dogbones (stock i think). The motor is pretty strong i think youll be pleased with it.

btw... i have like new big joes i want to sell (used once). I dont like them personally. ill take the best offer include shipping in pm and there yours. via paypal (brand new)
Old 07-16-2003, 05:23 AM
dainjarouz

as far as dogbones go, you shouldnt waste your money on HD dogbones. Go with hot bodies CVDs, they are indestructable and are worth the extra money. trust me ive broken a HD dog already on a tiny jump.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Kenroc

Originally posted by popa71
I guess we all have our own preferences, don't we?? I would have gone with the Picco .26, but I'm not a band wagon kind of guy...especially when 2 other people I run with already have the Picco .26. About the Chassis Plates, Shocks, etc...those will come too, I spent over $400 last night on all that, I'm not trying to swap all the stock parts out in one day....shocks are something you might as well wait to replace AFTER they break.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe me when I tell you, for bashing the Force is a great engine. It has all the low end torque and rock steady performance a MT needs. Its a really great engine, I like it so much I have two. Stick with what works and dont sweat the glitzy crap, like fancy TVPs (chassis plates), they do nothing for performance and are only eye candy.