Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I Bought My Savage Today But!!!!

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I Bought My Savage Today But!!!!

Old 07-16-2003, 09:46 PM
scotthg1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Bought My Savage Today But!!!!

I BOUGHT MY SAVAGE TODAY BUT!!!! This is my first gas R/C. I did not know you had to charge the ignitor for 12-14 hours, so know I have to wait until tomorrow. For any other newbies out there if your buying a gas R/C and want to drive it that day,go and buy the starter kit before your R/C. I guess I have time to read the instructions from cover to cover. On the other hand maybe it's best so I will read all the instructions.

Any tips for a newbie with a Savage. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:16 PM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Default Re: I Bought My Savage Today But!!!!

Originally posted by scotthg1

Any tips for a newbie with a Savage. Thanks.
I got a TMAXX with a 1500maH battery that charged in 20 minutes.

EZ Starter rocks
Old 07-16-2003, 11:33 PM
gtxracer7

Uh, sorry, you are mistaken Crash.

The first time you charge a rechargable glow-ignitor, you have to charge it for 12 - 14 hours. Otherwise, you can buy a 15 minute charger for $15 at the local hobby shop (LHS). I have one, and I use it almost every time I run my truck. It's a great addition to the toolbox.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:31 AM
cemeb4dk

yeah the best hint one can give to a new savage owner or any nitro owner for the first time, Is break it in by the book, I know you will want to get out there and see what it can do, but be patient and do it by the book, you will be much happier in the long run
Old 07-17-2003, 06:29 PM
skydalimit
My Feedback: (1)

listen to the instructiones dont just read em
Old 07-17-2003, 06:46 PM
kodiak

Take it back and get a T-Maxx!!

LOL, just kidding. I agree with cemeb4dk
a friend of mine has one and the only complaint is the engine. He will be the first to admit that he didn't have the patience and he has paid the price for a few weeks. His Hyper 8 port came yesterday. In other words he had to replace the engine. Follow it exactly and have a ball. I hope it isn't too late for the break-in.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:35 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

mine too died after 30tanks or less.so i drop an 8 port on my savage..hopefully it would lasts i dont have any idea what i did wrong on the first engine..i did everything by the book...
Old 07-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Savage_Dias

As boring as it may be, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS & FOLLOW THEM! After you've done that, go over the truck & look for any screws that go into metal & locktite them! They WILL vibrate loose over time if you skip this step. Most of the ones you have to worry about are on the side of the chassis but BEFORE you locktite them, take the chassis plate off the passenger side & take your engine out using the screws you see from above. (The screws on the bottom hold the mounting plates, you'll need to locktite them one by one after you put the engine back in.) Take your pullstart off then locktite the 4 screws that hold the backplate on the engine. Mine came out & almost cost me a new engine because a $4 pin & spring came out & ended up rattling around in my engine. While they were working theirselves out my engine was a beast to start & had a bad habit of dieing on me when I gave it throttle.