Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Duel Titan coming out

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 02:35 PM
rcblaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duel Titan coming out

Duel Titan coming. What are your thoughts on this truck. No real info yet other then it's wider, better CVAs, Force .26 motors with roto start. This is the first duel motor production truck I think. Hmm now we have the savage SS and the Duel titan. AE who!!! I was just gonna get a Titan on sale at Nitro house guess I'll wait Gotta have the biggest badest ever.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:36 PM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

i have to agree with elway.

bubbafien
Old 07-18-2003, 03:36 PM
rcblaze

Yea that sure looks like it's based on a buggy. Yup you nailed it.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:53 PM
bubbafien

i am receiving my savage in the mail today and i have already received my picco .26. i will tell you how it goes and what my thoughts are of this setup etc. i am also using an rb concepts pipe. i think you could probably get this setup for less than a titan and be MUCH happier with it.
you wil be faster
more ground clearance
more hop ups
more tire and wheel choices
and did i say FASTER?

bubbafien
Old 07-18-2003, 04:11 PM
rcblaze

Bubba was this for me? If so don't take this the wrong way but if I wanted a savage I would bye one. Actually I might get one. But these are 2 trucks that are not meant to compete against each other. The Titan ia basher and it's not based on a buggy. Thats why I would buy it duel engine basher that can be taken to the next level. I don't think they meant go race this truck. I have my DOM for that with a Picco .26 and my mad force for wheelie fun. And lastly my Tmaxx to spend money on. I like savages but come on they are not Gods gift to RC.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:21 PM
bubbafien

i am just trying to help. did i ever say that the savage was gods gift to rc!?

HELL NO!
i think the t maxx is a much better truck.
and if you might get one then what are *****in about?
and it is based on a buggy!

BUGGY arms
BUGGY shocks (fronts, really short and limited travel)
BUGGY cvd's
BUGGY servo saver
BUGGY knuckles

NO! its NOT based on a BUGGY!

BUBBAFIEN
Old 07-18-2003, 04:27 PM
bubbafien

once again i agree with elway i have not got my savage yet so my opinion on whether the maxx is better or not is as of so far.
but i agree %100 that that is not a basher.
no truggy is a basher!

bubbafien
Old 07-18-2003, 04:57 PM
rcblaze

HAHAHA not crying fellas. I see I'm dealing with one truck owners or newbies to make those comments. The maxx breaks like no other truck and is under powered to hang with true 1/8 scale trucks. The 2.5 is a nice motor for a .15 but to even say it will keep up with a mod MP or Dom or savage is a joke. Now bashing hmmm lets see my Dom was the best I've owned and my mad force next best. Yet to break anything that wasn't due to a driver mishap. Which I don't have many of because I can drive. Oh yea and I'm looking at the same truck you are I don't know it all so I won't dig my self a hole bye saying things I can't confirm. But I have been around and Buggy based trucks uhh thats the MP and Dom Pan chassis type trucks. If I'm not mistaken the Titan is a ladder chassis. Enough said about that. Not sure about the arms and such but what buggy are they off since you guys know so much? And now on to the savage I'm not gonna bash it b/c I like it and like I said I might get one. But from what I have read doesn't every one upgrade the dog bones and this that and the thrid to get the truck up to Par. Yea thats why that's the most popular forum right now. Point being with upgrades any truck can compete with the other. I just love how I ask for opinions on the Titan and get into a debate about a savage. LOL this is fun keep it coming fellas. Your killing me I'm bored at work and this is fun. No truggy is a basher wow come on keep it coming. Cause I must have been dreaming taking jumps with my MP with the big tires back when the Maxx was a baby with 20 feet drops. And just breaking body post. I want to dream that again was a hell of alot of fun. LOL
Old 07-18-2003, 05:13 PM
bubbafien

1 truck owner?

lets see here, kyosho mp7.5 KANAI EDITION W/FULL HARDCORE and novarossi medial pro m2k engine, mp 7.5/t maxx racer, savage, 2 t maxxes and a team losi xxx-nt!

yup looks like 1 truck!

the ONLY thing i have broke on my maxx is 1 diff cup!

that truck is BASED on the original TITAN correct?
thought so.
the original titan was BASED on the MBX series(and a few others) thats where the arms, knuckles, shocks, cvd's,servo saver and diffs come from. and i am sure other parts too.

you asked our opinion and we gave it to you! how can you complain? and buggys bottom out on like every jump bigger than 2 feet so no truggy is going to be out jumping a savage or maxx anytime soon.
the titan is no where near as durable or has the ground clearance to be a good basher.

BTW you are in the MT thread don't they have a TRUGGY thread somewhere?

bubbafien
Old 07-18-2003, 05:26 PM
gtxracer7

Buggy or not, that thing is HUGE!
Old 07-18-2003, 05:38 PM
rcblaze

Thanks I had no idea it was based on the MBX series. Still doesn't look like a truggy to me. Either way we can agree to disagree on that. Nice pics sorry I don't have any of mine online to show off how nice my trucks are. lol And the saying goes don't argue with idiots because people from a distance can't tell who is who. Oh and saying the Titan is crap come on healthy debate don't just bash cause you don't like it. And XTM conversion for a maxx come on now. I would have at least thought you had a Supermaxx. But nice pics. And Out jump explain that one to me? You mean jump with out bottoming out or length of jump. And Ground clearence what are you running over bolders even at the worst construction site my trucks do fine. Never seen this really be factor in bashing. Lets go almost lunch time.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:47 PM
rcblaze

I like you Elway your a cool Cat.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:00 PM
gtxracer7

Those aren't the same arms that come stock with the Titan. That means that they have new driveshafts and probably some other new stuff. I like stuff that is BIG! I would get a Titan if they weren't going to be so dang expensive!
Old 07-18-2003, 06:07 PM
bubbafien

i said if you read the post, that this titan was based on the regular titan that had buggy arms.

bubbafien
Old 07-18-2003, 06:23 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i was goin to trade my savage 8 port to a titan but i thought about it and i changed my miind the only thing titan can brag is the price its way too much $$$..ive seen a titan and its as slow as my terra crusher..
Old 07-18-2003, 06:29 PM
gtxracer7

Wait - so they changed it to a new design, and now they are going back to the old design?
Old 07-18-2003, 07:34 PM
rcblaze

Nah bubba is the hot dog. If you read whoa calm down. I gotta get some pics of my Dom so you can see what your up against. We have the same engine so it would be a nice match up. The Titan has a price tag but come on fellas if we were concerned about price we wouldn't be in this hobby. I do have some old pics of my Mad Force. Here you go. And Nah bubba this truck woudn't be good for bashing either.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:36 PM
rcblaze

You can see it in the gallery. That pic is weak.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:53 PM
skydalimit

O GREAT NOW THWRES 2 ENGINES TO SCREW UP
Old 07-18-2003, 09:02 PM
rcblaze

Well it's time I let this go. But I learned one thing we still have a ton of people who don't read books. Just judge them by the cover. No wonder they run those infomercials at night there are a ton of people out there that will follow the masses. If you don't like it give constructive criticism but I guess thats to much to ask. Oh and while I'm at it some one has a Savage SS before it came out but that truck is the best right. Time to go play with my serpent 950 and remember why I like this Hobby. Key word Hobby.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:34 AM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

i like my titn truggy i think its the best IMO and it also turns better and runs over the comptition and will not flip over liike some other yeah its heavy and well the CVA are fixed now just takes tunning on the susp. travel
and with the two engines its going to be a blast
Old 07-21-2003, 06:20 AM
guamboyz

Default Just want to say

Go to the Ofna site and read on the Titan forums. Now with 2 motors and all that power, dang can you even get it to run more than 2 minutes on a single engine.
My buddy has a deluxe Titan and it's not all that great.. Plus there is no hop-up parts for the Titan, just replacement parts...
My opinion the Titan I would rate it a 3 (being nice now).
Old 07-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Legendary

Default I have the .25

In one of my Maxx's and it runs great! I take that back it runs better then great! Break-in was a bit tough but, now it can climb the tree in my front yard and do a backflip off of it! It never gets hot even after running it hard and I run it hard! Lot's and lot's of R/Cer's don't know how to tune even the simplest of engines and this one is simple! In my oppion it is one hell of an engine and if I had 2 of them in my truck that would be too much! If it were not for the cost the Titan would be my next truck!
Old 07-21-2003, 03:14 PM
tcochuck

Default titan answers

boy did i read an earful out of this topic, wow.. anyways dump the great big balloon tires to unlock the speed, i'm running dominator rims and max mashers, or mulchers. i save the big stock tires for when i want it to float, yea right...

front and rear lower a-arms, diffs (including plastic housing with exception of large bevel gear), center diff mount, cva's are from the ofna 9.5...

pivot ball knuckles and hubs are used on several ofna vehicles, as is the clutch drive & pinion gears, and the 2 speed.

yep it's heavier than most but if set up right on the edge with the correct tires will keep up with the best of them. i'm into gallon 4 almost on my .25 long chassis titan and yea in the beginning getting the suspension settings dialed in for not only handling but drive-line (cvd) binding and breakage. broke my fair share of bones in the first gallon getting it dialed in, and damn i wish ofna or someone would offer just the darn bones, but unless i do some pretty spectacular triple Lindie's with a few twists and come down hard on a wheel or swat a immovable object at speed the cvd's are holding up fine now. you could convert it back to drive cups and bones from the part #'s in the manual if u feel the need.
some say it is not designed for racing and just for bashing.. heck i get out there against my friends .21 tmax or his picco .26 ofna hodr (early ultra), cant quite keep up with his buggy but i can chase the damn tmax down without to much trouble.
yep it's my track and i've got the most time on it, but he's been racing longer than i have, hehe.. need to get more peoples driving impressions on my track, 320+ foot modified d-shaped oval flat track for future additions and improvements. i'd race my truck with the Dom sized wheels on it against savages and such, might not win but would be awsum to try, picco .26 for it when i finally wear the .25 out, then i'll have to get a buggy kit and stuff the .25 in it after being refreshed.
have fun, i do
chuck
photo of track attached
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	95467_42076.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	54423  
Old 07-21-2003, 03:21 PM
tcochuck

Default titan answers

oh yea, photo of my titan also
yeee ha
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	95468_42076.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	54424  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.