Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

My New Savage, I Need Advice!

Old 07-19-2003, 01:57 PM
scotthg1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Savage, I Need Advice!

I PICKED UP MY SAVAGE ON WEDNESDAY AND I BROKE MY PULL START AND I FIXED THAT. NOW I HAVE RAN THREE TANKS OF FUEL AT LESS THAT HALF THROTTLE AND MY BOOK SAYS TO RUN TWO TANKS THAT WAY. I HAVE READ ON THIS FORUM THAT THE BREAK IN WAS 4-6 TANKS. IS IT ONLY TWO TANKS AND IF SO ANY ADVICE ON CHANGING THE RICH SETTING ON MY SAVAGE? THANKS.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:10 PM
jeduardoss

I Bought mine las week, and I ran 2 tanks in a stand and 4 at half throttle, I would suggest to do that before tunning the engine carb, it worked for me...(BTW now it runs great....and looks like it has a lot of comppression good symptom...)
Old 07-20-2003, 07:57 PM
kimolop

I wouldn't be in arush to tune for performance just yet. Even if you're past the initial break in, the engine is still pretty tight. I had almost a gallon thru my engine before it "loosened" up to where it performed really well. If you're patient and make small adjustments (1/8) turn at a time, you'll get good results.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Easy rider

The .21 BB manual that came with your savage explaines the break inn real good. Just stick to this manuel and you should be fine.