RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Glow Plugs

Old 06-12-2010, 02:32 PM
JH313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Plugs

Hello,
I have a Traxxas Nitro Stampede.
I tend to drive my truck though a tank of gas then put it away for the night. I then notice the next day that i need to replace the glow plug, i am using the super duties, and i find that $8 a day is too much.
Today i decided to take out and look at the plug which went through one trip and i realized that the entire coil inside the plug was gone. All that was left was part connected to the body of the plug. Any help would be greatly appreciated, the truck is two years past break-in
Old 06-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Bria1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glow Plugs

Asking the obvious, but are you sure it is tuned correctly and not running too hot? Have you tried adding an extra head gasket (shim)? If that's been covered, I ran into a similiar problem on my LST. It ended up being the connecting rod. Mine started shortly after rebuilding it (piston/sleeve), about 3-4 tanks after break in. I was being cheap and didn't replace the rod because I thought it was fine. Since I replaced the connecting rod it hasn't gone thru a glow plug since. There was only a small amount of play where the rod connected to the piston pin on the old one, but I guess that was enough.