Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage SS, $339.99

Old 07-23-2003, 03:34 AM
Chris24Nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage SS, $339.99

On the hobbypeople website hobbypeople.net u can get the savage ss for $339.99. Thats far better than the $389.99 tower hobbies is charging.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:32 AM
Chris24Nitro

Default Mistake

sorry tower hobbies is charging $359.99, but u still save $20
Old 07-23-2003, 06:09 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

im starting to like it...maybe we can go lower than that on ebay
Old 07-23-2003, 12:13 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Just as long as someone does post another "Savage for $85!!", I'm happy lol.

This is a great price!!! I decided to work on my onroad now because it seems that they are in a crucial point of change.

Now that the S5 and the MGT will be out soon (sigh), Traxxas will be forced to think of something!

I get the feeling its gonna be a .21 or larger MT which probably boasts some impressive features.

THEN, I'll go get me an MT. (truth is, I wont be able to afford it till then lol).

Ram
Old 07-23-2003, 12:30 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Originally posted by BUGGIES_R_US
), Traxxas will be forced to think of something!

I get the feeling its gonna be a .21 or larger MT which probably boasts some impressive features.

Ram
What they need to work on is making an MT that doesn't spend it's lifetime on the shelf. A true basher from traxxas would be great. I stopped running my T-MAXX cause I'd rather bash than repair. Don't get me wrong I like my Maxx but not as much as I enjoy bashing with my Savage. I don't have to worry about breaking anything with my savage.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Savage_Dias

Amen on that one brother Tumbleweed!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:53 AM
Alteramod

lol duck tape fixes everything
Old 07-24-2003, 04:03 AM
gtxracer7

If they have something up their sleeve, it better not use ANY T-Maxx parts other than the wheels and tires. Maybe not even that! I don't even want the same suspension on there!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:49 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Originally posted by gtxracer7
If they have something up their sleeve, it better not use ANY T-Maxx parts other than the wheels and tires. Maybe not even that! I don't even want the same suspension on there!!!
AGREED!
Old 07-25-2003, 11:36 AM
miserynitro
My Feedback: (8)

i am sure they have something ready, but since they had the market cornered with the t-maxx, they are racking in the $$$$ off that truck, now that so many people caught up on the MT scence, next year, they will probably send out a TRUE 1/8 scale truck, that would be very good. They must see that there market is sliding away from there maxx, and to trucks like the savage, which Boast big blocks or .21s, which also are now starting to come out in kit form as well.... so that everything can be made the way the guy wants his truck to be.

Traxxas has been around for a long time, and i am sure they are well on top of things, but hell, LETS GET IT GOING!!! if they come out with a killer truck, that means everyone else is going to have to do the same to stay competative....
Old 07-26-2003, 02:08 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Just sold one of my rustlers to some guy for 150. He saw my savage sitting there with the 8 port and wanted to see it run. he said he had 5 t-maxx's between him and his sons. He wanted to see what the hype was about.

MAN WAS HE SURPRISED!!!! When he left after seeing my truck fly off of my stairs and survive with no broken parts. Roll down my stairs that are only spaced 12 inches apart and 12 inches high without bottoming out. After the 30 something total cartwheels and landing on the wheels with no broken parts and the flying through the air straight and level. He asked me if he could buy my savage too. he low balled me and I sent him on his way. but he was hooked now. H even tossed the price up to 350 after watching me abuse the SHIET out of it.

I've done my job: I turned one maxx owner into a SAVAGE LOVER in a matter of one 10 minute bashing run in front of my house.

That's what I want TRAXXAS to do, BUILD A TRUE BASHER!!!!

AND I QUOTE THE BUYER, "I'VE NEVER SEEN A T-MAXX THAT WAS ABLE TO DO THAT!!" He left with a smile on his face and a big empty hole in his heart that only a SAVAGE can fill.

Just thought I'd share. And I do own a Maxx and like it too, just not as strong as my savage. I will admit it's a lot quicker. Quicker don't mean it's tougher though.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:31 AM
Legendary

Default If Traxxas wants to stay on top??

They will have to come out with something that makes everything else look slow,small and weak! They did it once but, a repeat will be tough! I know that they know it has to be much much better then the 2.5 soo, lets hope they step up to the plate! I just hope that they either come out with a solid .21 or bigger or use an already great .21 size engine! What ever it is going to be it will be on allot of peoples X-Mass lists! LOL
Old 07-26-2003, 03:05 AM
14leo

I don't think traxxas will come out with something new soon not for x-mas atleast. I'm getting this idea because it hasn't been too long before they brought out the 2.5 engine on the T-maxx. Hey talking about that does anybody have any problems with the T-maxx 2.5 i'm getting one reol soon august 10th hehe . I'm new to this nitro stuuf what do i need to do after breaking in the engine? what's all this tunning about? do i need to tune it if i dont race . i'm a newbie to nitro so be patient. how much would everything cost me with tax on average beacause i know prices vary. I buy from hobbypeople infact that's the only place i vuy from. i already have a charger and batteries. soory for all these questions but i just want to be prepared for my T-maxx 2.5
Old 07-26-2003, 03:29 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Law of probability.
PAST says NOTHING about the future!!

If your into computer games etc.. you know how powerful nVidia was. ATI (that stpid company withcrappy crds) came in with the 9700 Pro and BEAT THE PANTS off nVidia.

I was most surprised!!

Traxxas may be our next ATI!
ram
Old 07-26-2003, 03:39 AM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

traxxas shouldve started working on something the minute they heard bout the savage SS. who is going to buy a Tmaxx over that. they really need sumthin good to beat this. or at least compare to it. no one that know anything about RC will go twith teh TMAXX. JMO
Old 07-26-2003, 10:52 AM
cootertwo

Ya know, if you think about it, it's like computers. You can buy the biggest and best today, and in a month, it's outdated! I got the Maxx when they came out with the 2.5 It lasted about a week, then I put a XTM .18 in it. That lasted about a month, then I got the .21 conversion kit and the 24.7. That is still running, but my God, the money I have tied up in this thing!!!!!! :stupid:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	96620_37178.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	54857  
Old 07-26-2003, 11:13 AM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

whats that thing under the pipi with all the lines goin through it?
Old 07-26-2003, 12:55 PM
Legendary

Default I know what you mean!

Originally posted by cootertwo
Ya know, if you think about it, it's like computers. You can buy the biggest and best today, and in a month, it's outdated! I got the Maxx when they came out with the 2.5 It lasted about a week, then I put a XTM .18 in it. That lasted about a month, then I got the .21 conversion kit and the 24.7. That is still running, but my God, the money I have tied up in this thing!!!!!! :stupid:
I started out with the old Maxx and now I have 2 .21/.25 converted Maxx's with the wide suspension! The thing that gets me is that you see Savage owners buying just as many new engines as Maxx owners! Your right it like computers you will never be able to keep up with the latest stuff!

Oh, and Buggies you should know that if history teaches us anything it is that it will repeat it self!
Old 07-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Originally posted by BUGGIES_R_US
Law of probability.
PAST says NOTHING about the future!!

If your into computer games etc.. you know how powerful nVidia was. ATI (that stpid company withcrappy crds) came in with the 9700 Pro and BEAT THE PANTS off nVidia.

I was most surprised!!

Traxxas may be our next ATI!
ram
i do beleive that the GeForce4 Titanium series of cards still benchmarks better than ATI's. The FX series from nvidia is a close second. So are you saying that no matter what Traxxas releases that it will suck??
Old 07-26-2003, 10:11 PM
cootertwo

That's a Perry pump under the pipe. It works, just need to find a better place to mount it. I've tried it up on the shock tower, but you need to get it as close to the crankcase as possible. Too long of a line from there, will lessen the strokes of the pump, as the line tends to absorb much of the pulses. I'll get it ironed out. But it does help the performance, at least on my truck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	96728_37178.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	54858  
Old 07-26-2003, 10:16 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I'm actually saying that You really cant tell by the past.

IT might all be a part of their business plan. I've seen how calculative businesses can be. We think theyre suckers but they are anything but.

Note: I'm describing a good business, I know nothing about traxxas's business standings or efficiency.

I guess the "we'll see" method is the best for us. No point in making bets on any of these guys. Ultimately they all wanna get to our wallets. No honor among thieves! lol

Ram
Old 07-27-2003, 04:06 AM
Tumbleweed-RCU

I agree with you completely on that. I just wish they'd hurry cause i'd like something along the lines of a 1/8th type Maxx with electric start. With similiar speeds of the current 2.5 Maxx but built like a rock.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:39 AM
miserynitro
My Feedback: (8)

what i think would be really kool is if Traxxas cam out with a new 1/8 scale truck, which could take ANY .21 pullstart or not... make it Starter Box worthy, because you can get alot more performance out of a none pullstart, and also get away from all this electric start stuff... THAT would be kool... i don't think any MT is starter box capaible unless modified.... it would really step it up from the competition... since the Savage handles like a stadium truck already.... make a Mutant T-maxx, or a Truggy.... truck/buggy.... that would ROCK.... BIG power, speed and handling of like an on-road car.... what MT would be able to keep up with that if it was made properly... hmmmm.... maybe me and my buddies will put one togther
Old 07-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Legendary

Default Traxxas,

Likes to use there own engines so what ever it is that they come up with it is (if they do it right) going to be an all new Traxxas engine (.21 or bigger) and I am sure they will try and keep the E-Z start on it! As far as making it rock solid??? They would have to start from the ground up! I am sure they are paying attention to what is selling and what is being said out here so, hopefully they will listen!
Old 07-27-2003, 02:43 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I dont think its a good idea to have a starter box friendly MT. that would mean that the engine would have to be really close to the ground. That upsets the positioning of a lot of things and the tranny wont be as safe hidden up top.

A roto start/EZ start system is their best bet.

I saw a Diret Demon run the other day, by Hot Bodies. It really was impressive. If they could get someone out to copy that things agressive stace with some serious 45Mph performance and wheelie pulling engine; that would be awesome!

Ram

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.