Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

rc monster truck discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:52 AM
Jgilk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc monster truck discussion

ok several questions as im still bewildered in what to actually buy....

i want to do a mix of many things from mostly bashing...

i guess its called high speed rock crawling to jumping to possibly with some gearing changes to racing...

4wd is a must maximum suspension travel seems to be a must with either dual or tri oil shocks (im a jury rigger so i can find a way to get it to work...)

wanting to go nitro so keep this in mind
now on to questions...

1. is there adjustable differential torque control... ie ability to adjust power from 40/60 to either full front or full rear and everything inbetween i dont want a wheelie monster...

2. what are the advantages and dis advantages to 4 wheel steering? (running seperate channels on front and rear and limiting rear to only 25% or so)

3. advantages and dis advantages to multi speed gear box verses a single (both with or with out reverse)

4. advantages/disadvantages to 4-link in multi purpose vehicle....

5. electronic locking differentials... are they available for rc?

if theres other things you have questions on please ask.... i have and i wont give you the high end # but roughly $250 to spend on the kit itsself and with what i have in mind

this # dont include fuel, radio, .... this is just for a barebone kit as i want to build on to and switch out many things
Old 07-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Jgilk1

Default RE: rc monster truck discussion

wow no responses @ all
Old 07-19-2010, 04:58 PM
MrSkocz

All MT wheelie.....

Go with the losi xxl or the savage xl if your wanting bashing and jumping. There pritty fast aswell 50mph +

The losi xxl is a beast and it comes with some verry nice radio gear savages seem to break a lot.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:08 AM
wolfie1

i have a cen gst 7.7 which i converted to 4 ws and it was rubbish when you got up a little speed it was completely uncontrolable good for going slow in confined spaces but i really didnt think it was worth it and took it back out