Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

how do i know when my T-maxx 2.5 engine is broken in?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

how do i know when my T-maxx 2.5 engine is broken in?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 08:18 AM
14leo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i know when my T-maxx 2.5 engine is broken in?

this is going to be my first nitro car i'm just confused by all this breaking in things. is it hard to tune a 2.5 engine in a T-maxx? any help will be appreciated. I'm going to get my T-maxx somewhere around august 10th so i'm going to need all the help i can get since i dont know anything about nitro engines or cars etc. does the owner manual an everything else that comes with the T-maxx explain this "clearly" ? i dont know the name of parts or anything like that as you might expect. thanks for your help . give me all the information on how to break in the 2.5 engine for the T-maxx.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:40 PM
spazzyfry123

read the manual and watch the dvd it comes with. duh :stupid:
Old 07-26-2003, 05:01 PM
volsstd

duh yourselves. He's a Newbie, be nice.

Hey do a search on the forum and you'll find enough to read about. And yes, the dvd is a help :

GreeTz
Ben
Old 07-26-2003, 11:26 PM
spazzyfry123

yeah sorry bro :rainfro:
Old 07-27-2003, 12:13 AM
yrral

ok, when i first got my tmaxx, the old one, i had no problems with it at all, the yellow 'break in' manual was self explanitory. and now they got a DVD!!!!! How hard can it be. The tmaxx was my first nitro truck too, but it's not that hard. plus you can always go to your LHS. after some weeks i started haveing problems and they fixed it right up. so don't worry about it.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:25 AM
14leo

i think i'm going to go for the T-maxx . the only thing holding me back is the savage ss i dont have a huge budget to throw to the trash. i'm just thinking the savge will also go 40+ miles per hour . the T-maxx goes that fast in a rtr form. tell me what you guys think. the savage ss will come out sometime in august which isn't too long from now . maybe i'll wait and let people argue about the savage ss and the T-maxx . tell me what you guys think i should do. yo Spazzyfry it's cool dawg don't worry about it.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:34 AM
Alteramod

well, if you do get the savage ss then you would have to buy a radio for it first cause it dont come with one. I would prefer a savage ss if you can get a good radio for it......
Old 07-27-2003, 03:42 AM
Legendary

Default If this is your first nitro MT!

Then get an RTR! I would say get the SS but, not for a NOOB!
Old 07-27-2003, 03:57 PM
spazzyfry123

well the question is-are you racing or bashing? ive got the 2.5 t-maxx and its awesome!! i dont race with it even though if you put some beefier parts in it it would be a great race truck! im just a basher, i have a hoped-up rustler with an o.s. .15 cv for my racing but if you cant figure out how to tune the 2.5 (its pretty hard, and ive been in r/c for 3 yrs maybe and it took me about half a gallon to get it tuned right) let your LHS (local hobby shop) tune it for you they will be happy to tune it for you. mine didnt charge anything but i dont when i couldnt figure out my rustler(that was my first rc nitro thing)but i dont know about yours :rainfro:
Old 07-27-2003, 03:58 PM
spazzyfry123

o yeah and if your bashing the savage is a great truck for that too, im just saying that because ive never seen one race before, only bashing
Old 07-27-2003, 07:04 PM
14leo

yeah i'm going to get a svage ss that way if i break something or it ever needs any repairing i'll be able to unaasemble it. I think that this kit will be great for me . now i need to know how much will i be spending on nitro glow pugs bottle radios receivers and servos. in other words i'm reffering to everything the savage will need . taxes raise the price even higher so try and tell me those type of prices. what receivers should i get. i want the range to be kind of like a T-maxx. i'm only expecting to spend about $100 on receivers. oh and i want reverse. all in all how much will i be spending on everything the savage will need . taxes please lol. i kind of posted this in another thread but figured maybe i could get some help from you guys also. give me a price list if you can. some links will also be helpful.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Legendary

Default A good guess would be,

About $650 tax included! If you need everything from glow starter to fuel and glow plugs radio servos and so on that is what I would expect to pay!
Old 07-27-2003, 09:19 PM
14leo

any lower than that lol! that's pretty expensive but hey i dont know
Old 07-27-2003, 09:58 PM
Legendary

Default Well,

$360 for the kit tax included, $150 for a radio and good steering servo, Paint for the body fuel and glow plugs $40, Batteries $15-40, Glow starter $15, Reverse $35 That's $615 if you get regular batteries! And I am sure I am forgeting something!

P.S. There is noting cheap about this hobby!
Old 07-27-2003, 11:42 PM
flatlander_14

trust me, you can look at spending much much more down the road ive had my tmaxx for i think 3 or 4 weeks and ive already dropped cash for the upgrades in my signature and 2 gallons of fuel and 2 spare glow plugs. im about $160 out for upgrades, then aside from the $520 i spent when i first got it, i bought $160 in upgrades, a second gallon of fuel for $23, and two spare glow plugs for $5 each. so im around $723 out of money as of now. this is an expensive hobby. but its worth every penny and then some. the tmaxx is a great truck, i love it. i dont need the hopups i got, but i want to be racing soon so that is why i want them. the only upgrade i would recommend if you dont race for the time being, would be rpm skid plates. they will protect the transmission if you run over a curb or something i cant voich for the savage, im sure its a great truck. i really want to see one running, but til then i love my tmaxx

::walks downstairs and hugs truck::
Old 07-27-2003, 11:46 PM
Legendary

Default LOL!

Too Funny! Huggs truck! I pet mine!
Old 07-28-2003, 02:29 AM
14leo

i have 300$ of my own . my mom is going to let me borrow till i have about 530.00. can i get the savage up in running with revertse at this price? or should i just buy the kit and assemble it till i get the rest of the moneyto buy everything else. this sounds pretty good because meanwhile i still have something to bash with my e-maxx. so can i get the savage running with reverse at 530.00 ? does the aggresor need any other servo? or anything. is it easy to adjust all the electronics to this truck?thanks for all these replies guys. i appreciate. i'll feel better if you also answer these questions.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:11 AM
Legendary

Default Your young!

If so you don't need reverse yet! It's for us older guys with bad backs and knees! You will still need a good steering servo beside the one that will come with the radio and it will cost you about $40-50 for a good one! Or less depending on what you get! You can get allot of what you need but, you will not have enough for everything if you get the SS and don't have any "Starter equipment"! My guess from before is about right on!
Old 07-28-2003, 04:13 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

reverse is not necessary imo..cuz i have my sav for like 2months now and never had a moment that i thought of getting reverse..good thing i didnt buy it...maybe its better if u settle with what u can afford or can get frm 500bux then save money while building it..have pity on us parents
Old 07-28-2003, 10:15 AM
14leo

i find that this stuff is probably too hard for me sense i'm a newbie to nitro i'll just get a rtr savage. i was thinking about the reverse but you guys said i wouldn't need it so i wont bother buying it. is the savage rtr a good truck.will they have the new engine exchange.? lol just playing i know it's only on kits. savage with evrything i need is under 500$ or a little past? Do u think i'll be happy with this truck? I just bash i don't race. How many gallons does the engine take before it actually dies with a life of good maintanence. when it does die on you does hpi replace it like traxxas? i heard the picco .26 is a good engine. i might consider that after a year or perhaps something better. thanks all of you you've been great help to me. Thank you for getting the savage ss kit out of my head. it just isn't for me right now at this point. hope you can answer more questions lol !!! sorry
Old 07-28-2003, 02:18 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

engine life depends on u...mine lasted only 30tanks which i think because a grain of sand got into it...so now i am taking care of my engines i make sure there is no single dirt when i change my glo plugs..savage rtr is good i met somebody who had more than 3 gallons on his bb21..my terra crusher's stock engine lasted 3 gallons too..so it all depends on how u use and clean it..just for bashing savage is the way to go
Old 07-28-2003, 02:41 PM
Legendary

Default Here is a list of things you will need to get started!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCZW1&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJ801&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFD72&P=V

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLW51&P=0

X3 you need 12 to get you up and running!
I think buying a RX 6.0 V pack is the way to go as it will save you a ton of money in the long run! So, I will list one as well!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVG17&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXR509&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAKD7&P=0

You don't need to buy 4 gallons right off the bat and it cheaper to get it at your LHS if you are buy 1 gallon at a time anyway!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBDV0&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD743&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXABK7&P=7

X5 as you will need more as you go!

You will need a charger for the 6.0v RX pack and I could not find one on Tower's site! Tower is not the cheapest place for all this stuff either but they are one of the best on-line stores. You can shop around to find these things for less and a good place to look is Ebay! Good luck getting everything you need and have fun with it! Oh, you wanted to know how many gallons you can get out of an engine and that's a hard one as it depends on the engine and what happens to it over it's life! I have gotten 10+ gallons out of a TRX Pro .15 and I have heard of people only getting 2 out of some engines but, I feel that had to do with the user and not the engine itself!
Old 07-28-2003, 04:35 PM
remten2001

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCLD5&P=7

This is great charger but you must know how to oprate it and how amperage works and so on cause you can smoke a RX pack in no time if not set right....