RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   motorsaver air filter for T-Maxx? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1038547-motorsaver-air-filter-t-maxx.html)

yrral 08-09-2003 02:56 AM

motorsaver air filter for T-Maxx?

Hello,

I saw a thread with people talking and someone mentioned to get motorsaver air filter. But each time I saw it, it was for the Savage.

My question is do they make this for the 2.5 T-maxx? If so, could I get a link or a pic or something. I haven't got the 2.5 yet but it should be in the mail soon, and I was just thinking about some small upgrades to make my truck go faster.

Thanks,
Larry

CGi_Rogue 08-09-2003 03:34 AM

I have one on mine so they do make them. Don't have a link for you, got it a lhs. Here's a picture if it helps.
http://home.comcast.net/~cgi_rogue/w...0/site1089.JPG

yrral 08-09-2003 03:39 AM

ok, cool. Thanks that'll work. Just so I know what they are like.

Dang, that's big... is it better than the stock filter? I would guess so.

Thanks,
Larry

CGi_Rogue 08-09-2003 03:46 AM

Yea I like it better then the stock one, at the same time I also put the Sirio Big Bore Pipe on it. I had to adjust the hsn a little over 1 full turn before temps were better again. Not sure what just the filter will do but I'm sure you'll have to do some adjusting, it allows alot more air in then the stock one does. I think that it is a good hop-up for the money.

yrral 08-09-2003 03:53 AM

oh, ok. I guess that blue pipe is the Sirio Big Bore Pipe? How does that work? I want to get a new pipe. I haven't really even tried the stock pipe yet b/c i haven't gotten the 2.5 yet, but still i'd like to get one.

Thanks,
Larry

CGi_Rogue 08-09-2003 04:04 AM

Made a big difference in the low and mid range. Top end gain was also there but not as noticable as the other two. With those two upgrades made a big difference in performance. Took a while for me to get it tuned but that may also have been the lack of my experence of nitro. This is my first one so everything has had a learning curve. I Just kept hearing to many good things about the Big Bore Pipe so I had to try it out, and honestly it made a difference, maybe not as much as some had said, but I do live in Colorado and the thinner air does make it harder to get all the power out of any engine.

yrral 08-09-2003 04:14 AM

oh. Ok. I'm new to nitro too, i've had the old tmaxx for about 3 years but still think i'm new. I'm still looking into pipes and such. But thanks.

Larry

flatlander_14 08-09-2003 04:52 PM

later today when it is a bit dryer and i get a shower(just got home from work) im gonna come back and give you a review on what happened when i put the motorsaver filter on my tmaxx :D i just got it last night, along with a fail safe and my new body is finished :) ill let you know how it runs with just the filter changed(well, in the performance area at least). darn big bore pipe was sold out, the guy in front of me walked out with the last one :(

yrral 08-09-2003 07:50 PM

Ok, Thanks. Just think if you got there a few seconds earlier, you'd have it.

Thanks,
Larry

flatlander_14 08-09-2003 07:54 PM

i blame my mom for cooking dinner :confused: lol. :p

yrral 08-09-2003 07:57 PM

haha.

yrral 08-09-2003 08:02 PM

also....it there anyone in particular who make the motorsaver air filters for the tmaxx.....if theres a few, which is the best?

flatlander_14 08-09-2003 11:54 PM

it worked great, i could notice a slight increase in bottom end power, i never notice top end so dont ask me about it lol. it stayed clean really long after like 30-40min in the sand and dirt. my bashing days are done for a bit though, i lost the freaking starter box!!! and battery in it!!! urgh now i gotta buy a new one, maybe im gonna get the pullstart conversion instead. ill have to see.