RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   keep upgrading emaxx or new savy flux? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/10520738-keep-upgrading-emaxx-new-savy-flux.html)

AKbash57 05-15-2011 02:20 AM

keep upgrading emaxx or new savy flux?

hey guys im new at this forum and have been trying to come up with a decision..
okay so ive got a 3903 emaxx that ive slightly upgraded:
-Mamba Monster 2200 combo
-GH Aluminum Bulks
-Integy Aluminum Shock Towers (have no problems whatsoever)

the problem with the truck is that, im getting sick of breaking something almost every bash session and the truth is, is that i dont even bash that hard...the talles height my maxx ever seen is about 5 feet twice and thats from going up a fence and landingon the lid (integy shock towers held up fine).. the heighest jump ive achieved is probably around 3 feet and im still breaking things...in fact i just broke a lower front arm and its down for a while..im just getting tired of stopping 5-10 mins into a session and having to stop and fix it...to tell you guys the truth ive only lvc'd my packs once and that was from speed runs down the street...ive never even finished a whole pack other than that. used to baby the thing but got tired of that..

which brings me into another point...ive heard alo of good stuff about he savage and the rep for being very durable...ive tried to search for any weaklinks and only really found that the diffs that initially came with the truck was very weak...but also found out that hpi fixed that with the Bulletproof diffs..

my question is, should i just keep upgrading the maxx or should i just buy a savage flux? (btw im getting the 2350 since i have no plans of going 6s)
is a stock savage flux 2350 more durable than my current set up with the emaxx (aluminum bulks and shock towers)? i just dont want to be fixing and stopping after every bash session....

thanks for all the input :)<br type="_moz" />

steed2-inactive 05-15-2011 04:29 AM

RE: keep upgrading emaxx or new savy flux?

thats the maxx series of trucks for yea, very vulnerable design. get yourslef a savage flux you will not be disappointed. you can break them, but they are outright way tougher than an emaxx. I absolutely love my flux. cough *get the hp*cough...lol. 6s is awesome! I think its definately worth spending the extra money, being the way us guys are....you will end up wanting more.

AKbash57 05-15-2011 11:24 AM

that is what im leaning towards actually...right now the only advatage that i see for an emaxx is higher ground clearance but i dont think thats even that important... if i wthe as going to get the 2350 what i was going to do was swap my MMM combo from my maxx to the 2350 and take the one from 2350 iin the maxx...

to be honest, i regret getting a maxx...ive probably spent a thousand on that thing (including the truck) and it breaks every session..one time a center axle broke when i ran it from the porch to the driveway and that was only 3 steps above the ground -.-;
.if i had just gotten the savy in the first place...

are there anyone out there that breaks their flux's every run like i do my maxx?<br type="_moz" />

ImpalaPolicePack 05-15-2011 11:57 AM

while i agree that the savage will be tougher, you should not break your e-maxx on 3-5ft jumps...

i sold my e-maxx because of some weak parts/designs that i did not like, but i bashed it in -10c temperature jumping and cartwheeling 10-12ft, and only broke a couple bulkheads and once the front center axle. i think if you broke your e-maxx that much doing what you said you will break any other truck...

AKbash57 05-15-2011 01:13 PM

i really do not bash it hard to be honest....maybe its just a lemon or anything but i acually baby it...every after jump i examine the truck...the jumps are very mild...
i take it way harder on my 1/16 summit &gt;.&lt;

jackripped 05-15-2011 09:13 PM

l dont own a Maxx anymore, but l would go for a new FLUX [ i have one of these] in a heartbeat over a Maxx. Far stronger, especially in the driveline.
Oh and my maxx was nitro not electric.
l run a BL LIPO revo, 1/10th and 1/16th scale.And the Flux. Batteries in flux fit revo etc etc.
l see the electric maxx has one advantage over Flux, water resistant electrics.Flux is stronger though in my opinion.

l have broken some parts on it, like the odd rear diff, one of the side chassis plates, etc, but l do redonkulas high jumps, stripped a few tyres as well !

<font color="#00265e" size="2">impalapolicepack</font> your signature is goram class ! l hopeshe doesnt as well!

AKbash57 05-15-2011 09:30 PM

how strong is a stock flux compared to my current set up tho? i just dont want to be breaking as much stuff as i do in the maxx and thats my deciding factor really...i like the flux but its the fact that i keep breaking stuff on it that bothers me...im thinking whether which one i could have the most bang for my buck for the long run...keep upgrading the maxx, or just get a new savage?

jackripped 05-19-2011 03:13 PM

Now since you put it like that, dont go with a max or flux get a revo.
For stock standard stuff the revo in my opinion from use is the better machine !
l spend less on revo than any other of my RC.Once revo has metal drive line shafts there almost bullet proof.
My FLUX mashed diffs up, l dont own a maxx anymore the older model l had was a heap of crap, broke all the time l hated it.
The revo is just so much better designed.

Also if you run traxxas gear already, like the maxx, then a revo, which runs alot of the same parts as a maxx, is probably the better option.

Its opinion based, not science based, my 2 cents.

steed2-inactive 05-19-2011 07:14 PM

also keep in mind that if you plan on getting the 2350, your mmm out of the emaxx will not fit in the flux motor mount clamps without some grinding (grinding the case of an expensive brushless motor [:o][:o])

JUCD VPR 05-20-2011 06:38 AM

Get a Flux, it's an AWESOME Truck!