RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Please help! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/10622687-please-help.html)

Ristler 07-15-2011 11:47 AM

Please help!

Hey guys i just bought my first nitro rc truck, and i cannot get it to start. it has fuel init and the pullstart is like stuck, it will go up but i dont wanna break it
When i take the glowplug out, it pulls normally but then it goes stuck again....... I'm very desperate.. and i checked if its flooded its not nothin fuel coming out of it
And the flywheel is very hard to move.. please help some guys told me to pre heat it with a hairdryer would it work??
btw if this is in the wrong section please move it.. i just need help

Havoc06 07-15-2011 04:02 PM

RE: Please help!

Hello, I am going to assume this is a new motor. A couple of things to do. First trying heating the motor with a hair dryer or heat gun before you try to start the motor. Second try leaving the glow plug loose (1 turn back from tight) until you get it started, then tighten it up. Also check your manual for help. Let me know if you need more help.

Ristler 07-16-2011 12:34 AM

Thankyou. I'm going to try that and i'll let you know

Ristler 07-16-2011 01:19 AM

Wow, when the glowplug is loose, the pullstart isnt moving at all if i dont reach into flywheel and move it (really hard to move it)

Ristler 07-16-2011 02:22 AM

Ok thanks Havoc, i got it to start easily but now the glowplug doesnt glow. i hope it isnt broken charging my heater atm

Ristler 07-16-2011 07:04 AM

The car started the first time i pulled the pullstart, (ofcourse i heated it up) and i let it idle for about a minute, and it stalled. now it wont start anymore. It's not flooded

Havoc06 07-17-2011 04:27 AM

Do you have another plug you can try?? If you don't, I would tell you to buy a couple. Once you get the motor started with the glow plug loose, tighten the plug. Also if the motor gets tight(that's when it hits Top Dead Center also known as the PINCH Point) loosen the plug and rotate the flywheel so the piston is at the bottom. That will make starting it much easier.

Ristler 07-17-2011 10:26 AM

Okay it started now, and i drove slowly on my yard. I saw smoke from glow plug, is it the after run oil? or something bad? ( i put after run oil)<div>and btw i do not have a temp gun does the engine heating (Hair drier) overheat the engine?</div>

Havoc06 07-17-2011 06:38 PM

No the hair dryer does not hurt it. Do not use anymore after run oil until you are finished breaking it in. Smoke from the glow plug just means there was oil or fuel left on it. Have you been able to run a tank thru yet.

Ristler 07-18-2011 12:09 AM

Not yet

Ristler 07-18-2011 01:10 AM

Wow, now my steering barely steers.................. always problems

ejc34710 07-19-2011 12:21 PM

Probably just the receiver pack. Yea, they can get a little frustrating. When it gets to that point, walk away. Go do something else for a while and come back later when your clear headed and not POed.