RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   MT's and bump boxes? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/10701719-mts-bump-boxes.html)

yakfish 09-04-2011 06:08 PM

MT's and bump boxes?

I am kind of wanting to get another MT again but I would like to find one that can use a bump box. I have owned savages, an lst, MGT 8.0, and a couple tmaxx's of course none of these can be started with a bump box. are there any MT's that can? I was thinking of a muggy but then I may as well just go with a truggy. I really like my LST which is why I was thinking about the muggy but it has a center diff and no reverse right? center diffs are nice but I want reverse. I know I'm lazy! any suggestions?

Sigma.40 09-04-2011 08:59 PM

RE: MT's and bump boxes?

I have yet to see a monster truck that could be started with a starter box. All the MTs that I've seen have the flywheel tucked up inside the chassis, out of reach of the starter box wheel.

pure speed:] 09-05-2011 03:42 AM

My traxxas revo platinum is bump start, they have there pros ...and cons easyier tuning and more power less weight, for a trade off of ease of starting .

yakfish 09-06-2011 02:56 PM

I had a revo for a while and I hated it. it was nothing but trouble for me so I don't plan on getting another one. Although I didn't remember that you could use a bump box with it! I may just have to go with a truggy and get a set of shocks that have more travel, and just set them up so I can have more ground clearance. Any thoughts on this?

supertib 09-07-2011 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: yakfish

I had a revo for a while and I hated it. it was nothing but trouble for me so I don't plan on getting another one. Although I didn't remember that you could use a bump box with it! I may just have to go with a truggy and get a set of shocks that have more travel, and just set them up so I can have more ground clearance. Any thoughts on this?

A Truggy has more suspension travel then a Mt.... the difference is the truggy sits much lower when static, but has piles more dropp..a Mt sits near the top of the travel to make it look cool...but for offroad function the truggy suspension is superior..... If you need more clearance you just need to adjust the truggy to sit higher, the travel is there

yakfish 09-07-2011 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: yakfish

A Truggy has more suspension travel then a Mt.... the difference is the truggy sits much lower when static, but has piles more dropp..a Mt sits near the top of the travel to make it look cool...but for offroad function the truggy suspension is superior..... If you need more clearance you just need to adjust the truggy to sit higher, the travel is there
Yeah I think that is what I will most likely do. The truggy platform is by far superior than any MT platform when it comes to handling. but an MT will still go places a truggy can't. I think I can come up with a setup that will go anywhere a monster tuck can go and out handle a monster truck at the same time. I just need to get a truggy so I can start! I want something like an CRT X2, RC8T, 8ight-T, MBX5Tor MBX6T if I can get one. I'm not a racer but I have alway found that race grade trucks make excellent bashers!