RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Help! 1st Truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1433879-help-1st-truck.html)

Excel24 01-15-2004 05:46 PM

Help! 1st Truck

I have a Mammoth and it used to change into second gear but is not now. It's only running in 1st. Has anyone esle had this problem? Any Help? I slowed the truck way down to make sure, and looked in the book to how to adjust it but I can't find it on the truck! What makes me wonder is it was changing perfect before, nothing was touched, and now it doesn't change.

oatmealman 01-15-2004 07:34 PM

RE: Help! 1st Truck

i had a few freinds with traxxas happens to them alot.he told me he would just let it sit for a while and it work. it might be a engine problem maybe your trucks not getting enough rpms to shift.

Sweetshoes90210 01-15-2004 09:47 PM

You need to loosen the spring tension on the shift finger. To achieve this, you need to loosen the setscrew with a wrench. Turn it a little at a time until desired shifting is obtained.

If YOU install a 2-speed onto the truck it was not designed for, then chances of 9-10 it may not shift. This is due to the fact of different gearing combinations being used for different cars. One example of this would be installing a 2-speed designed for a rally car onto a MT. In most cases, it will not shift.

Sweetshoes90210 01-15-2004 10:50 PM

Anyone agree with my post?

I am almost certain that is the problem, but then again is it possable to be 100% correct?

nitromacguyver 01-15-2004 10:53 PM

ive never installed and 2 speed in a single speed truck but i would think that it would just be a matter of getting the gearing correct.

jefx 01-16-2004 12:14 AM

Sweetshoes, you may be right, but I think the Mammoth comes with a 2-speed tranny.

Excel24, you need a small allen wrench. The set screw should be right on the metal rim of the smaller of the two tranny gears. Once you have it adjusted right, place a drop of threadlock on it to hold it in place. There is a picture of it in the feb. rcca.

fastfred 01-16-2004 12:47 AM

I've installed a 2-Speed truck tranny into my Super Nitro Rally. Shifts fine, but the gear ratio is all wrong, too low. Waiting on the adjustable engine mounts now, then will re-gear and see how it goes.

m

GotSavage? 01-16-2004 02:51 PM

It could be as simple as a tuning problem. You engine tune will change day to day depending on the temp and humidity.

jefx 01-16-2004 03:05 PM

Absolutely, if your engine is running too rich (or even too lean for that matter), it may not be building up enough rpms for 2nd gear to engage.

oatmealman 01-16-2004 04:04 PM

jefx agrees with me,yeah!!!!:D