RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Any one want to identify these parts??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1436312-any-one-want-identify-these-parts.html)

tegwin 01-16-2004 12:56 PM

Any one want to identify these parts???

1 Attachment(s)
This part is obviously broken (cracked) but what is it??? i always asumed the one way bearing was the bit inside this unit, what is the unit called?

Dale Gribble 01-16-2004 01:54 PM

RE: Any one want to identify these parts???

That's the complete one way bearing assembly. That is how it comes- you can't buy the one way bearing by itself.

How did you crack it? That could be bad news. Give a little more info.

GotSavage? 01-16-2004 02:44 PM

Its the housing fot the one way but like Peter_Griffen said you can't buy just the housing.

tegwin 01-16-2004 05:35 PM

So when i buy the one way bearing from ofna it comes like that without the crack??

THe piston is very tight at the top of its stroke and when i used the roto start there was a cracking sounds and evidentally that thing broke. Is this a serious problem

the other weird thing is that when the piston gets to the top of its stroke it stops moving but there still seems to be a bit of movement in the drive shaft out of the front of the engine when the engine is cold and the cylinder head is removed)

It is a picco 26

I am new to nitro r/c and fear i have damaged something badly

cemeb4dk 01-16-2004 06:26 PM

That's a one way from a picco 26 alright, I have broke many of those with my picco experience. MIght as well buy a few of them, because they are a weak design. Especially if using rotoatrt. The engine builds up to much comression when starting with roto start and then the one way snaps. The best advice I can give you is loosen the glow plug 1/4 turn when starting to ease compression, just remember to re tighten after starting.

auto2 01-16-2004 09:07 PM

heat up the engine with a hair dryer or better yet a heat gun to a good 150 degrees BEFORE you try and start it.

tegwin 01-17-2004 11:06 AM

If i use a heat gun can i over heat it????

I ordered two one way bearings from nitrohouse.com so hopefully that wil solve the problem

cemeb4dk 01-17-2004 11:32 AM

Just remember to loosen glow plug.

See the engine is flooding and with no where to go th compression builds up and snap the one way is cracker, and by using the rotostart its hard to tell when engine gets flooded, where as a pullstarter it gets hard to pull.