RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Pre-ordered Genesis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1494972-pre-ordered-genesis.html)

raykessler 02-03-2004 10:28 PM

Pre-ordered Genesis

I just pre ordered my CEN genesis:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i just have one juestion... is it just me or or the top shocks, and the things that connect them to the wheels look like they will break really easily.

But anyways its gonna be SWEET!

badboy2 02-04-2004 02:35 AM

RE: Pre-ordered Genesis

whered u order?and how much?

mecky33 02-04-2004 10:08 AM

They look like they might break if you roll it at high speeds going down a rock covered hill. Those arms are most likely composite and should take some serious abuse before they break. You may pop the shocks off the mounts but you should be able to put them right back on.

Badboy2, you can order them from:
www.ehobbies.com
www.toyhaus.com
www.offshoreelectrics.com
www.hobbytron.com

All are pre-ordering at 499.99

ThermalRD 02-04-2004 01:23 PM

Ya know, everybody looks at those and thinks they are gonna break. Honestly, they are no more likely to break than a shock shaft. Sure, if you get a stick jammed in there they will bend or break. I dont think they will be a problem though. However, only testing will tell us how durable any vehicle really is. What is the estimated release of the truck? Be sure to get us lots of pics!!! and a review.

Matt

raykessler 02-04-2004 05:19 PM

yah ill make sure to get you guys the pics and reviews. i got it for 499.99+ 25 for 3-5 day shipping. I could have gotten 1-2 day for 60 dollars but im only 14 so i don have that extra cash:D

i forget what the website was... look at the "pre orders for the genesis" thread, its in the last post on the first page. Its the only site that guerintees that youl get it when it first comes out, but you have to pay 75 dollars good faity... its not extra 75 its just that if you back out you get all your money except for that 75... im actually suprised that the entire forum hasnt come down on me alreasy, considering how much flaming theres been lately[8D]

raykessler 02-04-2004 05:20 PM

oh yah and the release date is sometime in April... i cant wait that long[sm=crying.gif]

raykessler 02-04-2004 05:21 PM

oh yah one more thing mecky its not the arms im worried about... its the thin shafts that connect the upper shocks to the arms...

mecky33 02-04-2004 11:16 PM

Those shafts will be the same thing that steers the truck both front and rear. and I have yet to see those break on any RC I have ever had. If you are really worried about them you could always get some lunsford titanium ones.

raykessler 02-05-2004 01:13 PM

yah im gonna have to wrap them in a lot of duct tape when i get it:D