RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   what is the best monster truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1495258-what-best-monster-truck.html)

monsterGT 02-03-2004 11:53 PM

what is the best monster truck

help me

RC Jack 02-04-2004 12:38 AM

RE: what is the best monster truck

Mine is!![sm=wink.gif][sm=tongue.gif]

GreekTTCharlie 02-04-2004 12:48 AM

ORIGINAL: monsterGT

help me
Read carefully.

There is no "best" monster R/C truck. Only people's opinion as to what they like.

There are too many variables to have a designated "best" truck. Price, value, features, performance, money willing to be dumped into it, racing, hobby, lifestyle, first truck, beginner, advanced, the list goes on.

Totally depends on you.

Weigh your options, figure out WHAT you want, then make the best decision that suits your needs.

Duh. :)

badboy2 02-04-2004 02:37 AM

ORIGINAL: RC Jack

Mine is!![sm=wink.gif][sm=tongue.gif]
yup the pie wagon is the best ;)

slodsm 02-04-2004 05:55 AM

Very true, there are so many good ones, If you want bling and a money pit, the T Maxx, reliable, Savage. Huge you have to monster GT. I personaly would stay away from the Duratrax thing and the ofna pirate 10 and the kyosho's. Other than that though, they are all pretty wicked. Just have to be willing to fix em lol.

Element 02-04-2004 06:35 AM

yep there is no actual best monster truck it all about what you like.

Also you forgot about the MT2 it is fast and durable(besides the diff cups)

mecky33 02-04-2004 10:03 AM

monster, everyone here speaks the truth. There is no best, there is only better for what you are doing. Are you planning to bash? race? both? Are you on a budget? do you want a truck with lots of hop ups?

If you want a good all around truck that is great on the track and can take the abuse of bashing, look at the Cen Fun Factor MT2. Its inexpensive and very durable. Element brought up the one weak spot on the MT2 and that is the diff cups. Cen has fixed their transmitter problems, but there are still a few bad ones on the shelf. If you want more info on the MT2 go to www.cenracing.com or let me know.

monsterGT 02-04-2004 11:16 AM

well what is the best truck for low end peformance

monsterGT 02-04-2004 11:19 AM

im looking for a truck made by associated,traxxas, or hpi. ive narrowed it down to mgt t-maxx and savage 25

SH ByA 02-04-2004 12:08 PM

Of those 3 I would choose the Savage, Only because of the Durability issue. it seems to hold up the best.

DaSHiKi 02-04-2004 12:20 PM

I would go with Tyco they always seem to make the best in R/C with all those fancy flips and jumps and they are all battery powered so no money wasted on nitro!!

DaSHiKi 02-04-2004 12:39 PM

I bought the Savage it's not here but I'll tell you what made me choose this over the others you have your popular and up and comers

T-maxx:
most popular and has alot of hop ups but needs the hop ups to keeps itself running. inexpensive to start expensive to keep.

Monster GT:
BIG fast and can handle an engine upgrade with the stock chassis to a .40+ thats great if you want to buy a new engine but it comes wiith one. Expensive to start and don't have a big market share yet.

CEN Fun Factor 2:
inexpensive durable RTR but if you are looking for something to upgrade for looks or replace broken parts there isn't alot of choice at this time and even though its RTR everyone says the stock radio is crap so you need to replace that right away.

Savage 25:
inline price wise with the T-Maxx. From what I have read it is more durable but thats really on how you drive it if you smash it into a wall stuff will break no matter what you are driving. good aftermarket support, large .25 engine bigger than T-Maxx or MGT, but this truck doesnt come stock with reverse

in the end its bang for your buck I ordered the Savage SS kit and bought a new traxxas radio complete with servos on ebay for 50 bux because thats the truck that was right for me look at what you want make a list of what is important to you if you are just looking to get a fun truck to bash and dont want to spend the cash then go with CEN if you want to spend 2000+ buy a t-maxx if you want big go with MGT if you want more answers THEN USE THE SEARCH AND TYPE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.

T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2 02-04-2004 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: DaSHiKi

I bought the Savage it's not here but I'll tell you what made me choose this over the others you have your popular and up and comers

T-maxx:
most popular and has alot of hop ups but needs the hop ups to keeps itself running. inexpensive to start expensive to keep.

Monster GT:
BIG fast and can handle an engine upgrade with the stock chassis to a .40+ thats great if you want to buy a new engine but it comes wiith one. Expensive to start and don't have a big market share yet.

CEN Fun Factor 2:
inexpensive durable RTR but if you are looking for something to upgrade for looks or replace broken parts there isn't alot of choice at this time and even though its RTR everyone says the stock radio is crap so you need to replace that right away.

Savage 25:
inline price wise with the T-Maxx. From what I have read it is more durable but thats really on how you drive it if you smash it into a wall stuff will break no matter what you are driving. good aftermarket support, large .25 engine bigger than T-Maxx or MGT, but this truck doesnt come stock with reverse

in the end its bang for your buck I ordered the Savage SS kit and bought a new traxxas radio complete with servos on ebay for 50 bux because thats the truck that was right for me look at what you want make a list of what is important to you if you are just looking to get a fun truck to bash and dont want to spend the cash then go with CEN if you want to spend 2000+ buy a t-maxx if you want big go with MGT if you want more answers THEN USE THE SEARCH AND TYPE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.
The monster GT does not even close to 40mph, more like 30 ish , out of those 3 i would pick the cen mt2 or the savage 25 much better than the t-maxx

sovietspyguy 02-04-2004 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2
The monster GT does not even close to 40mph, more like 30 ish , out of those 3 i would pick the cen mt2 or the savage 25 much better than the t-maxx

Have you actually clocked one? I know the mags say 32 or somewhere around there, but I don't believe that. I got into a car with my friend and drove it from the passenger seat, when we got up to 35 it was still pulling away from us. So mid to upper 30s for sure, and if you want to change the gearing a little, you could probably get up to mid-upper 40s without too much hassle. I also got stopped by a cop driving it up to my friend's house (he was just interested about the car) and in retrospect I should've asked him to clock it...oh well. I assure you though, all that 30 MPH stuff is not true.

d71889b 02-04-2004 08:34 PM

i would say the savage.

spazzyfry123 02-04-2004 08:56 PM

I love my T-Maxx. But I would recomend a new engine, I've got myself a Fantom FR18 coming Friday (I'm stoked:D:D). I've never had any issues with durabilty. I don't understand what people are saying with this thing not being durable. Yeah, things break, but not how ya'll are saying. Maybe I just got some prototype Ultra-T-Maxx or something.

Nitroaddict 02-04-2004 09:47 PM

tmaxx killer - he was referring to the fact that the chassis could handle an engine up to a .40+ not that the truck would go 40+ mph.

On a side note - in the future, please refrain from starting these types of threads. This is known as trolling - or starting a thread for the express idea of starting a flame war. There have been HUNDREDS of posts and threads like this over the past years within RCU. This site has over 2.1 MILLION posts. please utilize the search function before posting a question that has already been asked hundreds of times before. With your screen name being monstergt, i think we all know which truck you have decided on.

spazzyfry123 02-04-2004 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddict

tmaxx killer - he was referring to the fact that the chassis could handle an engine up to a .40+ not that the truck would go 40+ mph.

On a side note - in the future, please refrain from starting these types of threads. This is known as trolling - or starting a thread for the express idea of starting a flame war. There have been HUNDREDS of posts and threads like this over the past years within RCU. This site has over 2.1 MILLION posts. please utilize the search function before posting a question that has already been asked hundreds of times before. With your screen name being monstergt, i think we all know which truck you have decided on.
Haha, I didn't even notice his name. Looks like we are wasting our time, he's already decided! lol

Monster Flip 02-04-2004 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
get a savage!

Bobby26 02-05-2004 01:12 AM

i would get the savage. i have 3 of them........

Bobby26 02-05-2004 01:16 AM

although the xtm mammoth.. .HMMMMMMM just got to wait and see. But i am glad that i went with the savage. just like you and everyone else on here i had a hard time making a decision between the t-maxx and savage but when i seen them at the hobby shop. the savage stood out. looks more durable and the shocks on the savage made me go with the savage.

joebabe 02-12-2004 11:15 PM

What about the tamiya blackfoot.I have a king blky with a trinity monster 17T.Some suspension mods, a traxxas esc.It will wheely off the line to about 2/3 top speed.Very durabal.;)

rockbusterman 02-13-2004 02:34 PM

Right now after a week of testing I would say the Tamiya TLT-1 RockBuster lol...:eek:

:D

[link=http://www.rc-crazy.com/]http://www.rc-crazy.com/[/link]

DesertRC 02-13-2004 03:38 PM

MGT Rulez the roost. 439.00 shipped @ Ultimatehobbies.com:D

ludacris 03-31-2004 07:42 PM

Like every one said there is no best monster but I would recommened a Cen MT2 or a Traxxas Rustler or a Savage. I've got a cen mt2 and its $500 but if you go to ultimatehobbies.com its $260 for every thing. A savage is great but costs a whole lot of money and a rustler runs about $300 to $350 and at ehobbies the rustler is $309.99. Get a savage if moneys not a road block