RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   got 400 bux...mammoth, titan? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1498282-got-400-bux-mammoth-titan.html)

Monster Flip 02-04-2004 11:50 PM

got 400 bux...mammoth, titan?

ok, no trashing other people's rides now aight?....i just want to know what y'all heard about these 2 and if you have other MT suggestions....i have a Savage and a Mad force already so i need something different...tmaxx not an option....i only have 400+ to spend. thanks guys..

if there's alink about the mammoth/titan just post it...thanks.

BUGGIES_R_US 02-04-2004 11:57 PM

RE: got 400 bux...mammoth, titan?

Well I didnt dig up any juicy information.

But I'm curious why you want another MT.. Did you consider 1/8 buggies?

They are definitely a BLAST to drive!!

Consider your options.. to me at least, the buggy is more "fun" than a MT.. but it all depends on my mood :)

Ram

cemeb4dk 02-04-2004 11:59 PM

Will it be used for racing or bashing?

If you are thinking about racing I would seriously consider the GS storm unlimited truck...

SH ByA 02-05-2004 08:18 AM

I would try the Mammoth. Its way faster than the Savage and it does seem to handle pretty good, even at a high rate of speed. :D

Dale Gribble 02-05-2004 01:06 PM

The Mammoth needs a few fixes before I consider it. The gear cases are so weak (specifically where the shock tower mounts), and a problem that XTM has confirmed and is working on.

If it were me, I would get the MGT without a doubt in my mind if I wanted another truck.

However, I have to reaffirm Buggies_r_us. Buggies are a lot of fun. If you are looking for a different experience, buggies are a blast, and $400 will put you in a decent one.

spazzyfry123 02-05-2004 08:05 PM

Well I was gonna say the Mammoth, but BUGGIES_R_US and Hank Hill's friend have a good point, a buggy would be a good thing to ponder about.;)

popa71 02-06-2004 10:26 AM

Dont even think about a buggy if you want an Mt. Last summer me and my buddy both had savages. His got run over by a car during break in. He sold it and got a buggy( hyper7 pbs). On the street it was nice and fast so we drove into some low cut grass where it literaly stoped moving and started a high pitch whine. They are really not capable of much except riding on dirt , I made a few pases with him then his buggy got stuck on a curb. I ran straight over him then jumped the curb. I could see he regreted selling his Savage!!!!!!!! Get the Mammoth there is nothing faster in its class and it jumps and handles great. Its also the largest MT on the street!!!!!!

blacktop racer 02-06-2004 12:34 PM

i've heard bad thing about the mammoth[:o]

nitromouse 02-06-2004 12:44 PM

Ofna's titan is a decent truck. has good power, ground clearance. Everybody thinks anything made by associated is THE best out there, but for the money you could find a more reasonably priced quality truck with support equipment included. I dont have anything against the MGT or any other Associated product, I just get sick of hearing dont buy it if it isn't an Associated! Besides who wants to buy a lead sled anyway, The titan is lighter and just as quick and durable.

Dale Gribble 02-06-2004 01:36 PM

That is pure opinion with no facts to back it up. Can you compare weight, durability and speed when you post that statement? It is rather empty without the facts.

Associated deserves what they have achieved. They are one of the most respected names in the business. They built a solid foundation from day 1 and have upheld a strong reputation.

SH ByA 02-06-2004 02:30 PM

What bad things have you heard?

Moe3754 02-06-2004 03:45 PM

I started out with a T-Maxx then a couple of weeks later I purchased a MGT,Great truck and drives great last week I got my Mammoth and as for running it kicked the MGT and t-maxx both the motor in the mammoth is unreal it has a great take off and when it shifts in to second it is gone.Only thing is when you get Mammoth dump the shock oil and put in at least 45 in them will stiffen up ride and will take jumps allot better also tighten up the springs on the shocks.The mammoth is a really good truck and handles well but the one I like the best is my MGT will take it any time am selling the T-Maxx,next stop HELICOPTERS!!like the trucks allot but want to fly a Heli.

raykessler 02-06-2004 04:32 PM

Yah im with moe iv been lookin at Heli's.......

Anyways id go with the Mammoth

everyone luv's em, they only thing iv heard thats really needed is beefing up of the shock towers, and the aftermarket should take care of this soon:D

blacktop racer 02-06-2004 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: SH ByA

What bad things have you heard?
i read in a forum that it wasn't very strong and reliable, but it looks good to me

SH ByA 02-06-2004 04:53 PM

I havent had any complaints out of mine, I love it. But it depends on your personal preff.

sledmanass 02-06-2004 05:09 PM

you could maybe find a used titan twin truck for 400 i know about a month ago i seen on rtr for 375