RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   SLAPMAFRO.com trouble? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1500281-slapmafro-com-trouble.html)

SavageMonster 02-05-2004 05:01 PM

SLAPMAFRO.com trouble?

Is anybody else having problems with the beat your truck website? The videos won't work for me.

SavageMonster 02-05-2004 05:22 PM

RE: Beat Your Truck trouble?

My bad, I meant SLAPMAFRO.com, The videos open in a new link but they don't play they just say BUFFERING and do nothing. It can't be my computer because i've got Windows XP and DSL internet!

sovietspyguy 02-05-2004 06:05 PM

RE: Beat Your Truck trouble?

Right click on the links and download them. How long are you waiting? The files are pretty big, a lot of them over 20 megs, so if it were to play it like your computer is trying to, you'd have to wait for a while. I don't know exactly how streaming tech. works but it's possible that it will say "buffering" until the entire video downloads, and since you're used to seeing buffering when playing streaming files, perhaps you thought it was taking too long...or I might be wrong in all of this.

In any case, just right click on the link and click "Save Target As..."

sdarviavgeer1521 02-05-2004 08:35 PM

RE: SLAPMAFRO.com trouble?

ive had the same problem. i have heard that they need a new server or something because they have to much on it to go fast. just what ive heard..not sure if thats the problem.

SavageMonster 02-05-2004 09:35 PM

Maybe thats it because i used to be able to click on a movie and it would pop up and start playing instantly and it would play to the end without any interruptions.

spazzyfry123 02-05-2004 09:38 PM

Well I've got almost 1000 megs of R/C movies downloaded and I've been watching them for almost a year now. Then my computer came up with a plan to piss me off and not allow sound to work at all on my computer. Not my movies, not my CD's, not even my regular Windows noises. Anyone have any suggestions on what is wrong with my heap of junk?

mrjason82 02-05-2004 09:46 PM

what kind of speakers are you running? I have some digital boston acoustic speakers and they will only work with a digital signal and there is an option in the advanced play control settings that you can select a digital output. check that out and see if that's the prob. if not tell me more about your computer and speakers and what you did to start your problem. I'm a little bit of a computer geek, not too big but I know a few little things.

d71889b 02-05-2004 09:46 PM

are the speakers hooked up? check the connection
the speakers also might be broken

spazzyfry123 02-05-2004 09:59 PM

I got this monitor from my grandpa and it is a Compaq Presario monitor. The speakers are mounted on the monitor and They have never given me a problem before, I did not find the digital output thing and yes everything is plugged in and no mute and I have volume all the way up.

sovietspyguy 02-05-2004 10:09 PM

Hm, well I'm a big computer geek, and i doubt the speakers are broken, both speakers don't just break at the same time. Try testing the speakers by plugging them into something you know works, i.e. a cd player. If that goes well then it's something with your computer. Firstly make sure they're plugged into the right speaker port. I dunno what kinda system you have so you could have one of them or you could have seven of them. If you have several and they happen to be color coded, it is usually the green one. I wouldn't worry about any of the digital output stuff...speakers in a compaq monitor aren't exactly the pinnacle of sound quality. If all else fails and you're sure that have everything hooked up and volume up then it's probably a driver problem. On a side note, make sure that you have all possible sound inputs visible in the volume control window. Go to options >> properties >> and make sure the wav and play control are selected, then check volume/muting on them. If none of that works it's possibly a driver problem. Or perhaps your sound card somehow got loose, so give it a check. In any case, that's about all I can say for now, since this is after all an RC forum and not a computer support forum.

spazzyfry123 02-05-2004 10:17 PM

You were right, it works fine with my CD player, so now I have to figure out what's up with my computer. I have no clue when it comes to internals on a computer, I just know how to work 'em. So you think I'm gonna have to do some "surgery" to find my sound card or whatever I need to find?

Bigstuff311 02-20-2004 10:39 AM

Yeah that's happened to me before.
What you need to do is go into control pannel and set your speakers to preferred audio play back.

tt408 02-20-2004 11:53 AM

I tried to download a video. The download rate was 295 bytes/sec at that rate it would take hours to download.