RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   help buying a savvage 25 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1665906-help-buying-savvage-25-a.html)

DigiT 03-27-2004 09:03 PM

help buying a savvage 25

Were is the best place on the net to order a savage 25? All my local hobby shops want almost 500 for one, net places seem to be right at 400. But what is a good reliable company to go with and what do you think I should get with my savvage 25, this is my first nitro car. I dont know what all I will need to go with it. Any suggestions would be great.

crazypyro013 03-27-2004 09:11 PM

RE: help buying a savvage 25

hobby people has it for 389.99 then 7 for shipping

DigiT 03-27-2004 09:12 PM

can you link me please.

DigiT 03-27-2004 09:13 PM

never mind I found it I think.

braden.r productions 03-27-2004 09:18 PM

I don't know about where to but one but my opinion would be buy one at your lhs. I dont like the idea of sending money to someone i have never met. ANd for things you are going to need: fuel,fuel bottle, glow plug igniter,after run oil, locktite(for all metal to metal screws),umm extra glow pulgs would be a must to. Maybe a temperature gauge OH and tire wrench. Thats all i can think of right now. hope this helps

DigiT 03-28-2004 12:37 AM

I understand what you mean but my local hobby shop is a *****, and calls people lairs when you correct him. Im not giving him a penny of my money. For example, he has mini-t's for 200 a pop. Some kind said hey man other shops down the road about an hour have them for 149 (like everyone eles) The kids mom would take him that far. The guy at the hobby shop said tuff, that NOBODY could sell that low and he was a liar. When I and a few other people protested and said that its true what the kid says he told us to get out of the shop. This guy has everything over priced. He has the savage I want for 498... thats WAY high!!!

But thanks for the info on what to get with my savage.

fhm101 03-28-2004 01:54 AM

Then why not deal with the shop an hour away?

Ausar 03-28-2004 02:23 AM

ORIGINAL: braden.r productions

I don't know about where to but one but my opinion would be buy one at your lhs. I dont like the idea of sending money to someone i have never met. ANd for things you are going to need: fuel,fuel bottle, glow plug igniter,after run oil, locktite(for all metal to metal screws),umm extra glow pulgs would be a must to. Maybe a temperature gauge OH and tire wrench. Thats all i can think of right now. hope this helps
I understand what you mean. The 1st hobby shop closest to me (not the one I got my savage from) has the same problem. He believes that if you don't buy the vehicle from him, then you are entitled to NO help even if you buy accesories from him. They need us to stay in business. We don't need them. With the plethora of internet companies and not tax when ordering online? Man, these hobby shop owners better tighten up their game and stop acting as they are above us.