RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   LOSI LST ARRIVAL DATE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1720540-losi-lst-arrival-date.html)

slago 04-13-2004 06:41 PM

LOSI LST ARRIVAL DATE

The purpose of this thread is to provide one simple place that we can watch to find out when the LST shows up in the Hobby Shops.

I have paid in full for one of these already at my LHS. I call and bug them without mercy. I am hoping this thread will enable us to help one another keep track of when this awesome truck shows up somewhere. Please don't just "guess" at when it will show up. If you "know" something from a reputable source then post it. If you see one of these in your LHS then please definitely POST IT here!

Maybe this way, those of us who pre-ordered one of these can keep an accurate and up to date knowledge of the arrival.

slago 04-13-2004 06:43 PM

RE: LOSI LST ARRIVAL DATE

Ok. first post--

I called my LHS on 4/12/2004 and the owner called the distributor (Horizon Hobby I'm sure) and they told him they would be shipping the LST May 15th.

slago 04-15-2004 09:40 AM

This seems like a one man crusade :-(

4/15/2004

I called Horizon Hobby myself today and the lady I spoke with told me that the dealers will get these trucks a "couple of days" before they ship them for direct sale. I asked her, "so then my LHS should get them in the first two weeks of May?," and her answer was "Yes."

Dale Gribble 04-15-2004 09:46 AM

I heard they will be available for sale at RCX at the end of April. I may be one of the first to get one since I am going and I plan to get one! :D

badboy2 04-15-2004 10:18 AM

how much did u pay for it >?ill just wait till they fix all the bugs out ..usually they all have problems on their 1st 3 months or so ..but iheard it has a jr xs3 radio ?that only is a lot of $$ and a mach 26 engine ..

krmnalmind 04-15-2004 10:22 AM

i was told by losi that the LST would be available at rcx.That was last month when i bought the MGT and took it back and emailed them saying i had the MGT but it was going back and i had to have the lst.i'm driving down for it

ThermalRD 04-15-2004 10:26 AM

I asked losi about that rumor...Heres the response.

That is the first I heard of that.....to my knowledge that is not even possible.

Todd Hodge
Team Losi, a division of Horizon Hobby Distributors
4710 E. Guasti Rd.
Ontario, CA 91761
Phone-909-390-9595
ext-316
Fax-909-390-5356
Email:[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 4:02 PM
To: Todd Hodge
Subject: LST for sale at the RCX???

Hey, crazy rumor i heard. Is that LST going to be for sale at the RCX this month? If that rumor is true, then will there be a short supply of them there? Or is this one way of saying that the truck will be released this month. Thanks for your time man.

Matt

krmnalmind 04-15-2004 03:57 PM

well i wouldn't make it up i can asure you of that. but thats not to say that i was lied too

caseyddr 04-15-2004 03:57 PM

bleh I can already see the weak point in the LST, THE MOTOR. bleh isnt Mach dynamite? I've seen the Dynamite .26 perform and was NOT impressed.

dejr2000 04-15-2004 09:39 PM

Got an email from Losi today. Stated that it should be in retail stores by mid to late June. Hope this helps.

ThermalRD 04-15-2004 09:43 PM

Ok, now this is just silly. Why is it that Losi is telling EVERYBODY something different in e-mail. Im consistently hearing May. Others are hearing April, June, etc. Dare i say it, some even tell me it wont be out for a looong time. This is crazy. Im gonna see if i can get a Losi rep to sign up here.

Matt

ORIGINAL: dejr2000

Got an email from Losi today. Stated that it should be in retail stores by mid to late June. Hope this helps.

Pushrod02 04-16-2004 04:42 AM

When I asked about the ship date this was their response.

"We are shooting for mid to late June."

PAYBACK 04-16-2004 06:41 AM

Well just to calm eveyone down this is what I heard about LST release date.

"IT WILL BE OUT WHEN IT'S OUT !!!"

;)

Smokinjoe6450 04-16-2004 07:44 AM

lol

slago 04-16-2004 08:34 AM

That does not calm down a man Jonesin' for his new toy!

ThermalRD 04-16-2004 12:17 PM

Wow, thanks for the update. Now was that an official LOSI announcement? LMAO

Matt

ORIGINAL: PAYBACK

;)

PAYBACK 04-16-2004 01:04 PM

Wow, thanks for the update. Now was that an official LOSI announcement? LMAO
hehe, actually I think I might have taken the words right out of their mouth's, I'm sure they sick and tired of all the LST release date e-mails :)

slago 04-17-2004 11:31 AM

I was thinking that if "any" of the others make it to market first (Genesis, REVO) then the other two will be Quick to follow. I can't imagine they would want to lose out on the flurry of buyers.

Anyone else agree?

cj100570 04-18-2004 04:20 AM

I have to agree with PAYBACK. Why get all excited and bent out of shape for a vehicle that isn't out and no one can give a firm release date? [:@] The manufacturers aren't the ones causing all the stress. [&o] We are with all of our rumors and "official" confirmation and denial emails from company reps! [:-] When it comes out it comes out. Until then; relax, enjoy the ride you already have and look forward to the day when you can finally get that new one. :D

Intostadiums 04-18-2004 08:07 AM

MY HOBBY SHOP JUST GOT AN LST YESTERDAY! I was going to buy it but I only had 400 bucks to spend.

ok, im totally lying. i love getting a rise out of people.

LosiCS 04-18-2004 08:07 AM

It was brought to my attention that there was confusion of the release date for the new LST. As you already know, the Drake has already put it to the test on the track and it has passed with flying colors and showed superior Losi technology.

Team LOSI is finalizing the last minute "tweaks" so that the best Monster truck available will be released with minimal problems to the growing monster truck market.

A release date has not been set in stone, but I can assure you that you will be seeing one of these beauties at the upcoming RCX show. There will be a prototype and demonstration. Do not look to buy one at the show, as I can not guarantee they will be in full, finalized production by then.

I hope this helps answer any questions that you may have had. For any additional questions, please feel free to contact Team Losi at:

[email protected]

A customer service rep will be happy to answer any of your questions, but please allow 3-4 days for a response as the reps are currently loaded with emails.

Intostadiums 04-18-2004 08:15 AM

isnt that awesome that a fake losi rep had the heart to do a post from california at like 4 in the morning his time on a sunday. thats some devotion. either that or losi has you working some terrible office hours.

ThermalRD 04-18-2004 09:28 AM

I sent Todd Hodge an e-mail the other day regarding this post, and the rumors floating around. Im assuming that is him that signed up here.

Matt

ORIGINAL: Intostadiums

isnt that awesome that a fake losi rep had the heart to do a post from california at like 4 in the morning his time on a sunday. thats some devotion. either that or losi has you working some terrible office hours.

LosiCS 04-18-2004 01:49 PM

Actually Matt, my name is Chris DeLuza w/ customer service. And for the record, the reason my post was so early was because my 4 week old girl has been sick and it was my "shift" so I thought I would go ahead and post.

As stated before, we look to have a production date soon, but it could be a month or more if something else is found that we can make better before release.

Just trying to help, obviously you cannot please everybody.

ThermalRD 04-18-2004 02:14 PM

Kids...I certainly know how that goes. Thanks for taking the time to come here and answer a few questions. Do you think we will see the Red body for the LST at the RCX show? My main concern is this...When the truck is released, will it be in short supply? The only thing worse than waiting for a release, is seeing your neighbor with one, and not being able to buy one yourself. Or worse yet, buying one, and not being able to get parts for it. Hope your daughter gets well soon!

Thanks, Matt

ORIGINAL: LosiCS

Actually Matt, my name is Chris DeLuza w/ customer service. And for the record, the reason my post was so early was because my 4 week old girl has been sick and it was my "shift" so I thought I would go ahead and post.

As stated before, we look to have a production date soon, but it could be a month or more if something else is found that we can make better before release.

Just trying to help, obviously you cannot please everybody.