RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   EK4 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1750636-ek4.html)

RotorX 04-23-2004 04:24 AM

EK4

How much truth is there to the following statement?

The Stalker ATS acceleration data shows the pure power of the EK-4. It tops out at 37.55mph, whereas the Monster Pirate and the T-Maxx run at 32.28 and 29.05mph, respectively. The EK-4 is also very strong off the line, as along as you can keep its front end on the ground. In just 5 seconds from a standing start, it pulls out to a 30-foot advantage over the Monster Pirate and more than 60 feet against the T-Maxx
I am looking for the mother of all monster trucks (big block) could this be it???

Cheers

slodsm 04-23-2004 09:14 AM

RE: EK4

That statement was true prior to the 2.5, now they are probably about side by side. If I were trying to get the ultimate MT I think I would wait just a bit longer and shoot for the Losi, maybe the CEN. I only know a few people with an EK4 but they were not too happy with it.

Dale Gribble 04-23-2004 09:41 AM

The EK-4 is a novelty at best. Keep looking!!!

I have been on the razor's edge of buying EK4's a few times. I just backed down due to lack of replacement parts availability, and the EXPENSIVE MSJ/Triple H upgrades. It's cool, and it will impress your friends, but that is about it. If you break something, you WILL NOT find replacement parts at any LHS.

I think the EK4 would have done great had they just stuck w/ a .21 (basically a truggy version of the popular EB4.)

RotorX 04-23-2004 08:10 PM

Ah well, i saw the LST, vid and was not that impressed, but that does not really prove anything? I also was looking at the Cen Genesis, that looked like it could kick ass, i will just have to wait till one of these is ready to roll[:@]

Billsky 04-24-2004 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: slodsm

That statement was true prior to the 2.5, now they are probably about side by side. If I were trying to get the ultimate MT I think I would wait just a bit longer and shoot for the Losi, maybe the CEN. I only know a few people with an EK4 but they were not too happy with it.
If I were you I would pass on the EK4, I had the V2 and the HELI engine tuning changes with the weather.
I was sick and tired of tuning the engine and not bashing it. When I was able to get it to run right the tranny always got destroyed from the torque.
Also the clutch shoes were a real pain to get a hold of. I will be patient and wait for the GENESIS to be released this summer.

whulbert 09-29-2006 01:19 PM

I spent a bundle of money rebuilding my EK-4 suspension and front diff and now the rear diff is about to go. If you like to spend money and work on a truck that is very fast buy an ek-4 and wait for the parts to come in. While you are waiting you can run you warhead, savage, mgt or what ever. wo

WalawalaStore 10-02-2006 02:01 AM

Hi,

No doubt, the EK4 is the highest power r/c MT on planet earth for now. The pop can size engine (.70) is a wheelie expert. For top speed, I am not sure but if you can keep the front wheels on the ground, it could be fastest for single speed tranny.

Regards

Joaquim

whulbert 10-03-2006 05:08 PM

I have a EK-4, a Warhead, and two more mumbo jumbo rigs. If you want my advise I would buy a CEN GENSIS and when the motor blows up replace it with a TT 70 that you can purchase on E-Bay as the motor makes tons of power and does not break. wo

whulbert 12-12-2006 09:47 PM

It will make a great impression on your wallet. Pass it up. wo

dustin7837 12-12-2006 09:54 PM

Lookin for a big powerful monster truck. CEN GST (new version of genesis) is the obvious chioce IMO.
I love my genesis, actually sold my hopped up savage 4.6 when I got hte Gen because the savage had nothing on the CEN.