RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   New Truck - Which one??? Help THX (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1752876-new-truck-one-help-thx.html)

N2-VW 04-23-2004 08:37 PM

New Truck - Which one??? Help THX

Ok I am new to this board and a great board it is! I have read several different similar topics and have somewhat swayed away from T-Maxx and leaning towards the Savage SS. I do not mind putting a RC together due to the things it teaches and the ideas for future upgrades etc. I am still not totally sold on the SS. I am also considering the Monster GT - this is kinda where I am at.
I want a truck that is fast, jumps/lands well, upgradeable, and under $500.00. I already have a 3 channel radio, MX3, charger, and batteries so a RTR kit is not mandatory.
I found a Savage SS for $335, a MGT for $430 on ebay and the T-Maxx will run $350 to $379.

Thanks!!

N2-VW 04-27-2004 06:02 PM

RE: New Truck - Which one??? Help THX

Wow! Thanks for all the responses lol
I bought a Savage SS kit brand new for $300 too good of a deal to turn down any truck for that price would be fun
I look forward to more helpful replies!

vizaracer 04-27-2004 06:05 PM

i think all of us are tired of these questions. lol. i think i can count about 6 of them this week about the savage SS and T-maxx. lol.:) well, since you got the savage SS remember it does not come with radio equipment and you will need to buy some for it.

fourwheeler 04-27-2004 06:42 PM

Sorry I did not see your thread earlier. I think you made a good choice with the Savage SS especially since you already had the radio. I have 2 Savage 21's and I love them both so I can attest to the durability of the Savage.

I also have the Monster GT and it too is great so you can't go wrong with it either but it does come with a crappy radio that you would have to pay for and then throw away.

Either truck is fun so enjoy the new SS and ask questions again. I will be willing to impart my limited knowledge:eek:

Grantothismo 04-27-2004 10:57 PM

Don't forget to put extra spider gears in your diffs before you build the kit. The diffs only have 2 spider gears, but room for 4. It is worth doing.

HKS_fury 04-29-2004 12:09 AM

yOu Can'T gO wRonG wiTh tHe XTM MAMMOTH!!!

hansdava 04-29-2004 09:57 AM

yeah thats rigt mammoth all the way.............fastest one and very good handling

WonderWheels 04-29-2004 01:45 PM

Go For the MAMMOTH (oops, you bought the savage)

Tweedybird 05-09-2004 09:06 AM

no upgrades for mammoth...

unless you do it yourself.

And if I'm wrong please post the links to sites that carry upgrades.

Tweedy Bird