RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Why dont we just...... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1788232-why-dont-we-just.html)

madmaniac 05-05-2004 09:05 AM

Why dont we just......

1 Attachment(s)
Why do we keep on driving nitro cars im not saying that its not fun but wouldnt it be much more easier to drive a petrol RC car.

I mean a petrol engine is much more easier to start you dont have to tune it and there arent so much trouble as there is with an nitro engine and you dont even have to break it in.

Im going to buy this truck in a couple of weeks. It´s very big about 2 inches longer than a Cen genesis i can be wrong it can even be bigger than that. the car is about 700 mm long and 500 mm wide

joe78586 05-05-2004 09:14 AM

RE: Why dont we just......

The price tag on this trucks is what keeps me from buying one.:([:@]

ThermalRD 05-05-2004 09:32 AM

That truck is really cool, but there are many reasons we dont buy them. I had a friend that was getting into 1/6th scale at one time, and i talked him out of it.

1. They cost ALOT.
2. They are heavy.
3. Too big to be put on your typical track.
4. The Bodies on those things are super expensive. The one my buddy was gonna get used a body that was around a hundred dollars.
5. Not many shops carry those monsters.

Matt

madmaniac 05-05-2004 09:45 AM

Too big no the cen genesis isnt much smaller than this monster.
I live in Sweden near Germany so those things doesnt cost as much as they do in the States.

Im thinking of getting one what do you think.I can afford everything besides its just about 100$ more than the team losi lst here in Sweden.

The LST will cost about 850$ here and the fg monster Bigfoot 950$

popuptoaster 05-05-2004 10:11 AM

size for size, a nitro engine is more than twice as powerfull as a petrol engine, if you weigh the engine from an FG and look at its power out put, you'll see what i mean.

Having said that, im having an FG monster truck as soon as they release the 4x4 add on kit. as has been noted, they are FAR cheaper over here. :D

madmaniac 05-05-2004 10:37 AM

Yes god to hear that there is another person that is going to get it

madmaniac 05-05-2004 10:45 AM

If you put it like this........the petrol engined 1/5 cars are more expensive to purchase than nitros but in the end they are a lot cheaper,you dont have to buy nitro fuel starter tools glowplugs,and you dont have to buy any expensive upgrades to get god performance.

And you dont need to swap engines "the petrols lasts forever" and they have great power.

im not saying that i dont like nitro cars "i have a mad force" but these things gets cheaper in the end and a lot more troubleless.

So if the prices in America would go down to the European prices would you buy one then???

RCFreakInFL 05-05-2004 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: madmaniac

So if the prices in America would go down to the European prices would you buy one then???
I'm fairly sure that the US prices are much lower than the prices over there, on just about everything, including petrol/gas. We pay on average $2/gal for gas.....how much are you paying?

R/C Madman 05-05-2004 10:58 AM

It cost about $1200 in the U.S.! My brother is looking into getting one. The only problem is parts. The only place that sells them (that I have found is in MN.) So, if you get one it's mail order only for parts. If I did not just buy a Supermaxx I was thinking of getting as well but, I am sure my brother will give me a chance to break it a few times!LOL:)

ThermalRD 05-05-2004 11:19 AM

Dont ge me wrong, i like them. I would have to see some things like aftermarket tires. Different tread patterns, etc. And yes, i would buy one if the price was right. As RC madman stated, that truck would cost me around 1200 to buy here in the states. As i mentioned, those bodies are around 100 dollars. Thats alot for a body compared to the 20 bucks i can spend on a nitro MT. Its cool though. Show me some different tires for that truck, and maybe some action videos, then i'll decide. Oh, and in comparison, i paid 560 for my LST, thats about half what i would spend on the mentioned truck.

Matt

i8tweety 05-05-2004 11:27 AM

Lets also keep in mind that glow fuel is $20+ a gallon and gas/oil mix is less than $2 a gallon (US pricing).

R/C Madman 05-05-2004 11:48 AM

I know what you mean! I think it is for people that have just about everything!LOL It's only good for bashing IMO. Have you ever seen any video's of the Marder?? That thing is ultra fast and this is basically the same thing with bigger tires.

Here is a link to a video of the Marder jumping a hill. This is just the page you have to go down to where it says "Marder jumping over a dirt pile at dusk"

http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/download_page.html

madmaniac 05-05-2004 12:10 PM

When i get mine i will make some good videos of it jumping a very very very big jump on a constuction site.

Ill hope it will be as fun to drive as a ordinary 1/8 SCALE and i hope it will be fast.
Ahh it feels great that you dont have to worry too much if the engine starts or not when you are going to start it for the first time.

Hey ThermalRD if you had won a contest and you had to choose between the FG monster Bigfoot or the traxxas revo wich one would you choose??

madmaniac 05-05-2004 12:41 PM

Heres two short videos of the marder with monster tires.
BTW this is not my car

[link=http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=27646]Big fot marder1[/link]

[link=http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=27647]Big fot marder 2[/link]

Deandome 05-05-2004 02:23 PM

It was mentioned once, but the answer to your question STILL is that nitro packs more than DOUBLE the power than petr....er, gasoline.

You want a big truck (again, too big for most/all tracks & racing)? Groovy!! That fg looks cool (NEVER seen or heard of them before!!), BUT, you could shave POUNDS off it's weight AND STILL get MORE power if you dropped in a big-block nitro engine (or two, or three...:D).

It doesn't matter what size/scale you're dealing with. Nitro will ALWAYS increase your power and/or be massively lighter than the equivalent gas engine. ALWAYS!!!! It's just that you can only start talking Zenoah once you get to 1/5-1/6 scale.

Still & all, when you Europeans get your big 'ole fg petrol trucks, you're gonna get your arses ROYALLY kicked by the first guy who hoists out that engine & converts it to nitro (one BIGGIE or multiple smaller ones)!!! Yes, you'll save a lot of $$$, but that really isn't what we all are shooting for, is it??

WonderWheels 05-05-2004 03:44 PM

those things will happily get to 80mph without any fuss. you soon get your money back from the price of fuel and if you crash then you should learn to drive. If you break anything in that truck you should get a prize bacause it's so darn hard.

R/C Madman 05-05-2004 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Deandome

It was mentioned once, but the answer to your question STILL is that nitro packs more than DOUBLE the power than petr....er, gasoline.

You want a big truck (again, too big for most/all tracks & racing)? Groovy!! That fg looks cool (NEVER seen or heard of them before!!), BUT, you could shave POUNDS off it's weight AND STILL get MORE power if you dropped in a big-block nitro engine (or two, or three...:D).

It doesn't matter what size/scale you're dealing with. Nitro will ALWAYS increase your power and/or be massively lighter than the equivalent gas engine. ALWAYS!!!! It's just that you can only start talking Zenoah once you get to 1/5-1/6 scale.

Still & all, when you Europeans get your big 'ole fg petrol trucks, you're gonna get your arses ROYALLY kicked by the first guy who hoists out that engine & converts it to nitro (one BIGGIE or multiple smaller ones)!!! Yes, you'll save a lot of $$$, but that really isn't what we all are shooting for, is it??
Yor are right about the HP for a nitro over a gas but, the gas engine will have allot more torque which you need to move a big heavy truck like that. It would take 3-4 nitro engine to =1 gas engine in the torque department.. Don't get me wrong I love my nitro MT's but, there is a place for everything.

madmaniac 05-06-2004 12:12 AM

You want a big truck (again, too big for most/all tracks & racing)? Groovy!! That fg looks cool (NEVER seen or heard of them before!!), BUT, you could shave POUNDS off it's weight AND STILL get MORE power if you dropped in a big-block nitro engine (or two, or three... ).

Think when they can get a petrol engine down to the size of a nitro wouldnt that be amazing!!

The nitros wears out faster and has more troubles than a petrol engine.

What do you mean with big ´ole fg petrol truck. Yes its big (not much bigger than a genesis) but old i dont think so these cars will last much longer than a nitro car i mean there is almost a new nitro car every month so if you buy one you regret that you bought one the last month, and then you have to get another one. Donte get me wrong i love to drive my nitros but all this hassle an money spent on them im really considering buying a petrol car.

Ask anyone that has driven nitros but moven on to petrol how they think about it??

I'm fairly sure that the US prices are much lower than the prices over there, on just about everything, including petrol/gas. We pay on average $2/gal for gas.....how much are you paying?
The prices on these cars are lower here in Europe they are made in Germany and it takes about 5-8 hours to drive to Germany from here. I saw on an American RC site that sells these cars and they would cost 1300$ there and here in Sweden they are about 900-950$ so htey are a bit less expensive here.

Hehe our gas here in Sweden costs about 5-6$/gallon thats expensive but it hasnt always been this expensive just a couple of years ago it would cost 3$

The Boss 05-06-2004 07:22 AM

That is a very nice scale looking r/c kit[sm=thumbup.gif]

R/C Madman 05-06-2004 09:20 AM

They have been made that small and even a V-10 (3HP) has been made but they just don't kick out the power at that size. For 1/10 and 1/8 R/C there just no replacing Nitro!;)

madmaniac 05-06-2004 10:33 AM

I like the sound of these engines!! They just sound so impressive

And i dont have to worry about tuning anymore!!! ahhh

tidus10 05-06-2004 11:40 AM

buy me the petro car/truck thing and i will run it until then i am sticking with nitro

Jer~

madmaniac 05-06-2004 01:04 PM

hehe i dont think so hmm maybe if you put the money in on a secret bankaccount and then i take them out from there and 10 - 100 years later youll get your car do we have a deal :D:D:D

chase044 05-06-2004 10:49 PM

um, i get over 6 hp out of my go-ped. stick a go-ped racing pipe on that truck and that thing will haul butt.i actualy do like gas truck over the nitro. gas would be better for me b/c i live in the desert and with that huge car i could run over every bush, but with a t-maxx all the bushess stop the thing. b/c of that resson i had to make a track by hand. you se that truck pop mad wheelies. and since i have to drive 80 miles to the nearest rc track to race i think getting one of those trucks and racing all my frinds when they are on their dirt bikes would be cool. i got the nitro b/c then i couldnt afford one of those gasers. but now i can but im not going to b/c im putting some hop ups on my maxx. i liked those videos alot. it made me want one all over again. i think you should buy it. the reason that thing was so slow at first when it started taking off was b/c it had those biger tires. but with the stock ones it would be so fast.

madmaniac 05-07-2004 12:56 AM

Yea i think i will buy one of those monsters but i dont know wich one to choose its either between the FG monster beetle or The FG monster Bigfoot