RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Revo Pricing... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1794574-revo-pricing.html)

Troublesome2g4 05-07-2004 10:07 AM

Revo Pricing...

Does anyone know how much the Revo will cost about thanks

ThermalRD 05-07-2004 10:39 AM

RE: Revo Pricing...

Tower has it for 479. My lhs says it will sell for about the same price the maxx was selling. I would say most places are gonna sell it from 430-450. Seems like a really good price in todays market.

Matt

ORIGINAL: Troublesome2g4

Does anyone know how much the Revo will cost about thanks

RCFreakInFL 05-07-2004 11:24 AM

I would definately contradict your theory that "most places" will be selling it for $430-$450 if Tower is advertising it for $480. Usually Tower is cheaper if not the same, than most internet retailers, and definately cheaper than LHS's....so for everyone else to undercut Tower by as much as $50, is very unlikely. It will more likely be selling for at least $480-$500 everywhere else, the MSRP on it is $1099.

If you get the REVO for less than $400 which is of course what the MAXX sells for, you're getting it around, if not below cost....don't look foward to seeing the REVO on the low side of the 400's......it will definately be a $500 R/C.

If places sold the REVO for $30 more than the MAXX, then Traxxas would have pulled the plug on production of the MAXX before the REVO comes out. Traxxas controls this by selling the REVO to LHS's and distributors for a set price, one large enough to offset the prices of the 2 models, enough so they are not close in pricing to each other....so that both models receive profits from sales through the retailers. It's simple economics.....you will be getting a good deal for getting it at the same price of the MAXX, but if everyone in the world also got the same deal, the MAXX would no longer be existent.

R/C Madman 05-07-2004 12:12 PM

I would have to disagree. Tower for the most part cost a bit more then other on-line hobby stores but, I still buy from them because they have the best customer service. If I were buying a new RTR MT and found it somewhere for $20 or $30 less then Tower I would still get it at Tower because if there is a problem I know it will be taken care of.

ThermalRD 05-07-2004 12:19 PM

Yeah, i dont know who you are comparing Tower to, but they are always more expensive than my LHS. Online, they are sometimes cheaper than other places. Ultimate hobbies is a good example of an online shop that is usually much cheaper than Tower. I'll let you know what my LHS sells the Revo for as soon as they get it, or as soon as i put money on one. This thread brings up a good idea though. Why dont we get a listing of the hottest prices, from online places, and list em. We can all try to keep it updated too.

Matt

Q8 RC 05-07-2004 12:40 PM

i think it will be around 430 and 450 $

RCFreakInFL 05-07-2004 03:04 PM

If you guys are getting your stuff at your LHS's for cheaper than Tower or other online retailers, then more power to you! I cant count the numerous posts on this forum over the ages, with people saying "how am I supposed to support my LHS when I can buy online for cheaper".....this is the case with Tower. Every hobby shop in my area of Central FL, and parts of California that I have visited, are much more than Tower is. I still support my LHS's as always, but honestly, I have never seen a car kit, or anything of $300+ value, with less than a $20 difference at the hobby shop.....this $20 difference though, allows you to have a relationship with the store owner for help later down the road, and also allows you to have the item that same day.....but I rarely, if ever, see prices locally, for less than online retailers such as Tower....so consider yourself lucky that you have a shop that doesn't see much profits.

Element 05-07-2004 03:35 PM

my lhs is a little more expensive than towers on kits and radio gear but on accessories like engines,charges etc they are alot higher.But I still buy from hem because in case something happens I can always count on them to help me.

ThermalRD 05-07-2004 04:17 PM

Yeah, i know what you mean, and i understand how some shops rip people off. Some shops are bad here, and some are really good. I know i can walk into my favorite LHS ready to buy a new truck, and straight forward ask what they can sell me that kit for. They will give me a sweet deal on it every time. Tower is a great place to shop though. I have a HUGE history of orders with them.

Matt

ORIGINAL: RCFreakInFL

If you guys are getting your stuff at your LHS's for cheaper than Tower or other online retailers, then more power to you! I cant count the numerous posts on this forum over the ages, with people saying "how am I supposed to support my LHS when I can buy online for cheaper".....this is the case with Tower. Every hobby shop in my area of Central FL, and parts of California that I have visited, are much more than Tower is. I still support my LHS's as always, but honestly, I have never seen a car kit, or anything of $300+ value, with less than a $20 difference at the hobby shop.....this $20 difference though, allows you to have a relationship with the store owner for help later down the road, and also allows you to have the item that same day.....but I rarely, if ever, see prices locally, for less than online retailers such as Tower....so consider yourself lucky that you have a shop that doesn't see much profits.

nd2xlr8 05-07-2004 08:39 PM

The best thing about buying from my local shop is if you need something small, you get it with no shipping cost. Its usually worth the local shop's markup not to pay the on-line shop's shipping.:D